So I passed the theory and practical for the PfCO... now what

I am now putting my Operations Manual together having passed my Theory and practical course, do you have any tips for inclusions for a newbie?

1 Like

I am surprise you ask the question of what tips we would include as most PfCO Certified Training Companies have Templates for your Operations Manual that you use to create your Manual.
I am under the impression that CAP722A-UAS Operating Safety Cases Document should give what is required as content for the Manual.
Having passed your Theory Test, I would assume that you are aware of that document.

2 Likes

Indeed I have a template, and a very good one at that, but it is still only a template.

My question was more for constructive suggestion than what appears (to me) to be something of a trolling attack of judgement rather than a helpful, constructive approach.

Still, thank you for your input - a different perspective is always valuable, especially for a new member to the forum early in their career.

Kindest regards

1 Like

I am not what you refer to as a “Trolling Attack of Judgement”, but an active member of this Forum, and have been for a considerable length of time giving my advice to many many members and my many years experience in the RC Drone fraternity to whoever should require it, and take your above remark as a personal insult.
My response was simple, stating (what I thought) was a standard investigatory question to what documentation you are in possession of.
Having not done my PfCO (yet!), I can only render my thoughts on what you should include, your questions should really be aimed at our members who are PfCO Qualified.
The information in your Manual should be relevant to what your Companies objectives are as Professional Drone Operator and the way you intend to run the business.
Taking into account Safety as a very high priority.
The CAA are looking for a Professionally produced Flight Operations Manual, and are imposing “Fines” on people who are not taking the time and effort in putting the correct up to date information in their manual.
People I have talked to who have done their PfCO have had to simply amend details that are already in the Template, and also to include relevant information on your objectives as a business.
There are many Operations Manuals that are available to view on Google from what I can see.
I suggest to view them in away that may give you further suggestions to what you may include in your Manual, that may not already be there.

7 Likes

@chrisjohnbaker
Thank for your constructive feedback and guidance - this is very much appreciated.

2 Likes

I’m surprised you offered any further advice after that comment Chris
I certainly wouldn’t.
But as usual, always going the extra mile to help others.

8 Likes