SO,my journey into FPV continues

@notveryprettyboy @anon34183503 Been using Velocidrone,still not there yet,but a bargain came up,could not resist!!
so slowly but surely my journey begins…
So far i have acquired the following…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1: :+1: :wink:Yes the goggles are only a cheap set,but they work a ok for now,am going to buy a set of skyzone oled goggles soon!and yes i am still shit scared of it!!! more velocidrone,me thinks!!! :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Don’t forget to post the videos of your journey. When are you up past the Midlands? Lockdown pending

2 Likes

will prob need to set it up properly,when i see you! have had live video feed from the quad,and have downloaded beta flight… god only knows when i will get to the midlands,what with this bloody virus marlarkey… :cry: :cry: :grimacing: :grimacing:

2 Likes

Welcome to the dark side…

Couple of things that jump out…

Antennas. Well worth you investing in some more.

Props… those props are terrible… I would order a few packs of dal 5045’s to get some practise with as they are very durable.

Do you have a charger or batteries arranged?

And what is the full spec of the quad?

2 Likes

DJI HD FPV.

You Must Buy It.

Fidelity = Unmatched

Range = Absolutely unbelievable

Penetration = See Above

Cost = Ouch!

Yes, that is the Goggle view :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(View in 4K if you can)

2 Likes

err pass but it all works,will have a closer look and post more close ups…Batteries,yes have 6 4s lipos and 2 3s… some brand new,others are very slightly puffed… yes,will order some props from ebay very soon… :+1: :+1: oh and have 2 very good balance chargers one i bought off macspite… :+1: :+1:

1 Like

@anon34183503 any recommends for antennas ?? cheers. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Props for a beginner (mainly due to durability) https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/dal-t5046c-cyclone-tri-blade-super-durable-propellers-2x-cw-2x-ccw-black

Antennas… remember they need to match polarisation

I’m a big fan of menacerc antennas. Cheep as chips and work really really well.

2 Likes

Thumbs up for MenaceRC from me also :+1::+1::+1:

Very robust construction, great performance, excellent price, :uk: made.

Nidge.

1 Like

It’s only my opinion, but I would recommend flying fpv with a zero degree camera angle. Fpv takes a little getting used too. It did for me anyway!

1 Like

Anything that helps,yes!!! and believe me i need a LOT of help!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wink: NO! you don’t need to answer that,i was talking about drone flying… :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing:

1 Like

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

0degree can angle means as soon as you start pitching forward your looking at the ground and not where your going. If you want a shallow angle go with 10-15degrees.

You can also setup acro trainer to limit the amount of angle you can get to. But I wouldn’t recommend that really.

Just saying that fpv can be quite disorientating. Only my personal experience. Oh. Tony. Sit down in a deck chair :rofl:

1 Like

cant argue with the sitting down thing. Also if you feel queezy while flying chin on your chest

I’m feeling sick with you lot just talking about it !. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Lol Chris your time is coming. Give in!

1 Like