So, this just arrived

… it makes everything else I have look like they’re standing still :rofl:

GepRC Cygnet 3

Just don’t ask how long it took to get the R9mm rx working :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Looks like a fine machine… how long did it take to get r9 to failsafe?

1 Like

If you mean work… a whole day - Trying to get FLEX & F.port to work nicely whilst making sure the other two quads still talk to the R9M without having to take them apart and re-flash them too :man_facepalming:

I’ve had a quick flight in the street - lots of fun. Can’t wait for some decent flying weather :+1:

Time for crossfire?

Naah, It’s my own fault for being a bit dim. :sunglasses:

I had a blast flying this thing today - here’s a 4 minute, low-skill blast :+1:
(in actual HD this time :wink: - Courtesy of the Runcam Split-mini!)

https://youtu.be/stzFdnA0dwI

I reckon I need more tilt on the camera - but I was having a hard time seeing properly to land as it was :rofl:
No apologies for the music! C64 rules!

I’m finding it hard to co-ordinate the turns - the standard rates feel a little odd :man_shrugging:
I’m not keen on changing them in-case I stuff it up :rofl:

I’ve posted them below if anyone has any ideas…

I would suggest matching the superrates on all axis.

Thought of applying some lens correction to the video to eliminate the fish-eye?

1 Like

When I try that the max vel numbers still don’t match up even though the super rates are all matched :man_shrugging:

I want around 960 - 1000 deg for all three axis - I’ll try again :+1:

I may try that :+1: (I do like the raw look though TBH :wink: )

Yup - it’s very much the world of FPV as far as I gather.

I could never wait to get my GoPro3 into edit and remove it. :wink:

1 Like

Yep - you’re right - it does look better - I’ve just fixed it and it even makes the footage look as fast as it did when I was flying it :smiley: - however… that’s a paid for filter and I’m only using the free version :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Some editing software has a manual correction function. Doesn’t need to be pixel perfect, and you can usually do it by eye pretty well.

If you video some squared paper and use that to determine the best setting manually, you can get a result as good as any filter.

Depending on your software, you can sometimes save the setting for future use … or make a note of them and apply manually.

1 Like

I know yaw is a little frowned upon. But it has its uses :joy:. Your way ahead of my skills chief!
If you want to try, I’d half the deg per second on the axis. Slightly more on roll than pitch. Straighten the line in bf, with just a touch of expo. Yeah, your spins will be slower, but you’ve always got more time than you think to make that turn.

1 Like

Subscribed. If just cos of the beat!

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure m8 - I cherry- picked that flight footage because there’s no crashes :wink: - I just kept aiming for stuff and trying to miss :grin: trust me it mostly doesn’t work out that well :man_facepalming:

Cheers!
:+1: Gotta love those retro-remixes :+1:

I think one of the other rate profiles is setup like that already - I’ll give it a go :+1:

Tried changing the rates today - it didn’t go well :man_facepalming:

Did 6 batteries - 3 unscheduled landings - no damage, just a wet quad and dented confidence - back to the standard rates!