SOUTHWEST meet TBD

So I’ve noticed a few more pilots popping up in the Southwest just recently so thought it would be a good idea to maybe organize a meet, would be good to fly with you all. Due to all this weather I thought we could have some time to set up a nice location.

Place to fly: to be discussed

Date: to be discussed

@anon8911766 @pross @Basil to name a few I’m sure there’s more on here.

Suggestions welcome I’m happy to travel and taxi if required. :world_map: :oncoming_taxi:

6 Likes

I could be interested depending on work weather and location, that’s if I’m invited :smile:
I might have one or two others to tag along as well.

2 Likes

I’m up for it. Where in the Southwest are you thinking?

1 Like

Just a general discussion on locations atm, thought we could throw a few ideas out and meet in the middle somewhere, :ok_hand:
Going on places that I’ve flown, and seen others fly is Brean sands, Burnham-on-Sea/weston-s-mare area. Parking on the beach, massive wide open pretty quiet space.

But I’m open to other offers.

2 Likes

Would be good to have you Join us Richard. More the merrier :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I go up on Smeatharp the old airfield which is about 20 mins from Taunton (just a thought) there’s nothing I can hit up there :rofl:

1 Like

Always a bonus :joy::ok_hand:

It is with me :rofl:

1 Like

Might be a tad close to dunkeswell Airfield for a group flight, and I could be wrong part of NT :thinking: I’ll look into it :ok_hand:

No it’s fine on that little map thing, well it was when I was up there last, but there is the radio controlled flying club up there but they use the other half of the airfield :thinking:

2 Likes

Looks fine.
You are totally in your rights to fly close to an FRZ, just not in it.
Also plenty of space to the east and southeast.

Link:

4 Likes

Ah thanks Dave, appreciate that mate :ok_hand:

:+1:

Good location then, let’s see what the rest say :ok_hand:

I’m not saying there it’s just an idea 🙋

1 Like

Great im up fot it ! As im realitivly new to the area i dont know many places to fly, the local hobby shop told me you cant fly on the beach ?

But i" ll go along wherever you decide

1 Like

Think I remember you saying somewhere about that, Weston beaches wasn’t it?

I fly at brean all the time with no issues and I’ve seen many others doing the same, as long as your following the Code there shouldn’t be a problem. :ok_hand:

Location 1: Brean Sands, Somerset, TA8 2RJ

2 Likes

Location 2: smeatharpe, Honiton EX14 4SR

1 Like

There is a blast from the past.

I had one of the most miserable weeks of my life at Pontins there, early 80’s as a teenager away with my Parents.

Only thing colder than the sea, were the local girls.

Anyway I digress, have a good meet, looking forward to the photos.

3 Likes