Speccing a PC for DaVinci Resolve

Just spent an hour or two online trying to figure out what kind of reasonably priced build might give a good bang for buck an find myself not much wiser. I have a decent case & cpu and a few SSDs so I just need an ATX motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU. Ram is easy enough 32Gb seems to be enough for the kind of thing I want to do. GPU…does an AMD Radeon 6600 8Gb sound OK? I can find one for £250 which seems reasonable. And if this might work OK what sort of CPU?

1 Like

@Njoro Lance is your man.

If you fancy a change a MacBook Air M2 on minimum spec will run it super quick

Here’s my build which has worked flawlessly to date and today I added an 1TB M.2 PCle Gen4 purely for read and right video editing, makes life worth living…

Your budget will dictate…here’s my build…
https://greyarro.ws/t/my-venture-into-video-editing-pc-build/15924

I’ll summarize this later.

Certainly an Apple Mx is a possibility. I don’t much like their policy on storage pricing and since I already have a couple of NVMes kicking around that could do system disk and scratch AND a 4Tb SSD that could hold project data, I can’t help but wonder if it’ll be a cost effective route in the long run. But maybe Apple with external SSDs would work?

They certainly do run external SSD well , I do the same on moth my iMac and MBP.

Sandisk T5 are an excellent choice