St Audries Bay - Added to Coastal Scenery in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 615

Land owner permission not required.

Small car park at the top of the cliff, cost £2 all day.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 11/01/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

What a fantastic place to fly mate ! and a great addition to the places you can fly. The colours on the video are amazing . big thumbs up from me.

1 Like

Thank you my friend! Appreciate that! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nothing finer than a beautiful beach and and a drone. its simply a perfect combination.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more mate! Stunning place with added waterfall just to finish it off! :ok_hand::heart_eyes:

1 Like

If i lived closer to the coast i would be there every day

1 Like

Does show on the drone scene map that this location is restricted but I can confirm it’s not, there is how ever a nuclear power station about 10 miles East that’s obviously secured. But at St Audries Bay your good to go.
(According to the Go4app anyway)

I wouldn’t trust the DJI app - it misses some fairly basic things like FRZs at aerodromes.

3 Likes

Ah okay, just checked it on drone assist
Still doesn’t say you can’t fly just to exercise caution
Don’t let this put you of flying here, most of the great shots here are below cliff levels.

2 Likes

So as it’s an high risk area would that mean it won’t take off or do you get audible warnings? Apart from not flying into air traffic

1 Like

Had no warnings what so ever through Go4 and the larger of the two circles doesn’t even exists on there. Wasn’t until I logged it on drone scene I noticed it then researched it. I’m guessing the larger ring has a connection to the smaller ring around the power station, weather it’s a military thing or maybe an approach coarse for air ambulance. :man_shrugging:t3: Just guessing here.

Going on from this… I happened to bump into an of duty cop on the beach who I spoke to as he was very interested in drones and mainly how mine was battling the winds. Who continued to tell me that they’ve received many calls about drones over the last few months In the Southwest and they’ve been pretty much ignored due to lack of knowing what to do. :man_shrugging:t3: He was a local Guy and in law Enforcement and didn’t tell me I was wrong to fly there in fact quite the opposite.

A helpful police officer ! How novel !

1 Like