St Michael's Mount, Marazion

Some shots of the mount from sunrise a couple of days ago.

30 Likes

Absolutely stunning shots @Davalan1.

1 Like

Thank you. Thanks for looking.

No worries, mate. Couldn’t decide if I like the first or the last photo more!!

1 Like

Cracking set - well done :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Cracking images, the second one is my favourite :+1:t2:

Thanks. The mount has lots of potential and is very popular with photographers at dawn.

Thanks. On the second one you can see the little boat off to pick up staff from Marazion. As it’s high tide the causeway is covered. You can see the causeway clearly though the water.

1 Like

All good shots, but number two would be my favourite, to me it just looks ‘right’, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Thanks. I was thinking of removing the ship in number 2 as its a distraction and looks like its about to smash into the top of the tower!. In the end I decided to leave it. What do you think, in or out?

I’d leave it in, the land mass and the ship help give a sense of scale, however if I was going to get it printed up to go on a wall I’d take it out. :man_shrugging: :grinning:

1 Like

Amazing!!

1 Like

Thanks. The house and gardens are well worth a visit for those who haven’t been.

I’d take it out, for me it’s too near the middle of the frame (as well as the tower). If it was nearer the left ‘third’ I’d leave it in.

Lovely shots of one of my favorite spots.

Here’s a quick edit - ship sunk and a letterbox crop for comparison.

6 Likes

Yeah like it, composition is better with the crop :+1:t2:

1 Like

That’s it spot on now, all you need is a large print and frame to go with it. :+1:

1 Like

I agree, these are really stunning shots. Well done!

1 Like