Stafford High Street - Added to Modern Buildings in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

This is a photo of the main street in my home town. Stafford is by comparison to other County Towns a sleepy hollow! My TOAL was opposite my favourite Balti, where my supper awaited me! Parking is close to where the A449 starts (one of Stafford's few claim to fames) on the Junction Island. You can see right along the main streets length from this point and half way down is the High House (one of the finest Tudor buildings in the Country) another jewel of a building that was very nearly trashed if it wasn't for the efforts of Derek Holt (Band member of the 70s The Climax Blues Band). Stafford County Council building is clearly in view which is quite ironic as they have a Drone Ban Policy (No Bye-law though). Lol

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 26/09/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

My old office, top floor of the Civc Centre to the right of the clock!

1 Like

@markas You poor soul. :rofl: you’ll get what I mean bout Stafford then! :+1:t2: Recommend Thawa Bridge Balti if your peckish for a curry. Tell Abdul Col recommended it! Probably chuck you out. :rofl: :rofl:

Saw them at Walsall Technical College about 1970, absolutely blood brilliant!

Showin your age now. We used to watch some of them in Dereks pub, The Grapes (next to wjere I TOAL) on Sun Jam night. and Pink Floyd stuff on a Monday night. Yes brill.

Used to have to go to Stafford for work in a previous employment. Lovely place, but like most town centres, starting to look tired and some of the brutal construction mixed with the older stuff doesn’t mix well.

To be fair this is a problem all over the country. Town centres overrun by coffee shops, charity shops, £1 shops and bookies as the major retailers take their business to out of town retail parks due to most councils war on the car and finding ways to charge motorists left right and centre. Obviously online boom don’t help the high street either.

1 Like

@firstadekit. Spot on. Lived in Stafford all my life and its such a shame that the highstreet is dying! They’ll turn it all into apartments before long and now the Guildhall is appetently doomed. Still we do have a great cinema now and Victoria Park is a nice respite.:+1:

Abdul’s food is great.

The town looks so much better from above like that. You cannot see all the boarded up shops etc…:slightly_smiling_face: