Stand-alone Analogue receiver recommendations?

Frankengoggles

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s a bit heavy. Had to silicon it on! :rofl:

1 Like

Karl m8 - you HAVE to get the DJI system - it’s nuckin futs :rofl:

(However - it wouldn’t surprise me if the damn thing had an undocumented GPS receiver and broadcasted your location a-la Aeroscope - maybe I’m paranoid :man_shrugging: (still worth it though :wink: ))

Incidentally, I ended up playing on the 360 for over an hour :rofl: ‘Testing’ is such a burden :wink:

It’s just too damn dear. I need to buy replacement lipos for next season. That’s about £160 already. And I got a tbs pro32 hv vtx for £50. I know it will happen at some point, just need a little luck on the dogs!

1 Like

Doesn’t matter - get it. Now. Don’t wait.

1 Like

Peer pressure!
arnie

1 Like

@anon34183503 Are there any other hd systems on the horizon within the next 12 months?

Honest m8 - put it on a CC if you have to - it’s night and day.

It’s so immersive, if you look closely at one of my YT vids I had to lean against a bloody tree :man_facepalming:

This one probably comes quite close immersion-wise…

1 Like

I suppose I can flog my skyzone for a ton? I know it. Before spring I MAY have one.

I ain’t effin doing that. I’m scared of heights! Can’t climb a ladder to my gutter.
EDIT. I can if I keep it low. I need to try to build this.

first rule of pre release things is we don’t talk about pre release things.

Second rule of pre release things is we don’t talk about pre release things.

Errrm I think that covers it

Oorrrr! your leaving me to the wolves of youtube fake news!

Funny thing is - DJI are jumping through hoops to ID and locate every flyer of their ‘Drones’ with Aeroscope and the forthcoming App that lets Joe Bloggs see what you’re doing and enforcing CE mode.

But the FPV system can be unlocked to 1.2 Watts with a simple text file?
AND wtf are they doing producing a radio system with a power output that’s not allowed anywhere in the world? ~ (happy to be corrected on this :+1:)

And the only way that information could of got into the public domain is if it was leaked… (probably)

If I was of a suspicious disposition - I’d say it’s all about them destroying the competition :man_shrugging:

If only they had such a laissez faire attitude when it came to their Cinematographic products…

I’d like to point out that I spelled…

right…
…just in-case no-one noticed :wink:

Custom builds dont fit into the upcoming EASA classes so really no reason for DJI to include it.

Aeroscope kicked off around the same time DJI were working with the EASA on the draft regulations and obviously had inside knowledge electronic ID would be required on future drones.

Think your safe mate :rofl:

No one in fpv would buy the dji if it was hard locked to 25mw.

1 Like

100% True - and they knew it.

1 Like

Isn’t there a proposal to enforce retrofitting drones with an electronic broadcast? Within 2 years? Or am I getting the wrong end of your stick.

1 Like

The mavic had a similar boost mod but I’m pretty sure there was a warning it could cause damage to the TX.

Fuck knows what it’s all about.

2 Likes

I see there may be no prop flow to cool the vtx in a mavic?

1 Like

There is a transition period where current drones can fly as they do currently.

After that drones have to fit into C0, C1, C2 or C3 category and it’s not just a case of meeting the requirements, they will come with the class marked beside the CE mark.

Private build will never fit into any category so can only fly far from people which is where most people fly them anyway.

So for custom builds not fitting those classes, electronic ID is not required as with under 250g.

That’s my take on it from reading the draft regs over the last few years.

1 Like