Stickers to show flyer ID

perhaps if someone on here registers we can all use the same stickers how many in Grey Arrows £9 for all of us seems reasonable

:open_mouth:

I have a plan!

I’ll print everyone’s labels for free! :+1:

Then I’ll have a supply of names/reg.nos./etc that I can use and I won’t get the blame for naught flying! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thats a lot of airports ,Dave!!!:wink::rofl::rofl:

Prisons! Can make far more money! :+1: :wink:

1 Like

From the new drone code to be issued November 5

Section 3 , Paragraph 2 - Registration markings:

“UAVs shall be clearly marked with the registration in a contrasting colour to its background. Such lettering must be clearly legible at the maximum distance from the operator at which UAV is flown. Thus at 25 metres the lettering shall be no less than 75mm high and proportionately larger if the distance is increased. If the operator wishes to fly at a maximum distance of 250 metres for example the lettering shall be no less than 750mm, pro rata for other distances’”

Maybe you DO need to buy a mavic mouse!!:wink::wink::rofl::rofl:

Dats da bunny.

2 Likes

Big stickers for those mile flights then

I don’t understand the logic here… I had assumed the marking was a liability stamp in the event of an incident causing damage/invasion of privacy. Why would the operator need to see it? It’s not like the skies are crowded! I have crap eyesight too, are they going to make me go for larger text? Idiotic laws lol!

Think that’s a wind up mate.

750mm lettering :rofl:

3 Likes

WTF? :thinking:

Got a link for this?

No link … and not April 1st, either. :wink:

Seriously though - is there going to be any standard for size, location, colour, font? If left up to the individual I’m expecting some inventive solutions to drone registration.

1 Like

My Mavic Zoom and P4Pro are registered in France since early this year and all I did was print out the number and stick them on with Sellotape. Still there after a lot of flying. No need for any fancy stickers IMO.

1 Like

I emailed the Drone.Registration@caa.co.uk about ten days ago to ask where a label could be put on a drone and specifically asked if it could be put in the battery compartment so it could be seen with the battery removed. the following is the reply I got.

"Thank you for your enquiry, the Drones & Model Aircraft Registration Service will launch on 5th November.

Your Operator ID must be visible on your Drone or Model Aircraft, if you wish to add your phone number that is up to you. The legal requirement is to label your drone with your operator ID.

The Operator id will be 10 characters

More information can be found by clicking the link below:

Drone and model aircraft registration | UK Civil Aviation Authority"

So they don’t seem to be worried about where you put the label as long there is one and nothing said about the size of it, I guess as long as a policeman or whoever can see it once you have landed it to check you are registered.

But it’s not the drone that is registered anyway, it is the operator who is registered so why not issue something like a driving licence with your photo on it. Anyone could stick a 10 character label on a drone and pass it off to Mr Plod, its not like the police are going to have immediate access to the CAA’s database for registered drone operators.

Use this for plant labels. Certainly takes heat & water no problem.

1 Like

Can you take labels off of things?

:rofl: