Stirling Castle - Wallace Monument Sunrise

I was up early this morning to catch the sunrise at a few of my favourite Stirling locations.
These are all manual HDR images varying from 4 separate images to 10 images (the first pano of the castle).

Stirling Castle - Mavic 2 Pro

The National Wallace Monument - Mavic 2 Pro

Looking across the River Forth to the Wallace Monument on Abbey Craig, the old Stirling Bridge is in the foreground.

15 Likes

great photos ma man . makes you proud to be Scottish. :+1:

1 Like

Another great set John. Thanks for posting them. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely stunning pictures

1 Like

Cheers Alan :+1:

No worries Paul, thanks :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Wally :+1:

Absolutely cracking set.:+1::muscle:

1 Like

Thanks Richard :+1:

Your most welcome

1 Like

Brilliantly beautiful John - Love them all.

1 Like

Wonderful images John as always
Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Just wondered, what software you use to blend images? Lightroom photoshop, photomatix?

1 Like

Some real crackers in there John - am I surprised - now way but even by your lofty standards these are really special - some beautiful light in there too just to put the cherry on the cake - but you know that already :wink: :wink: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

These are just inspirational I love them. Just bought my first drone a DJI Mini 2 haven’t flown it yet waiting to go to Forest of Dean next week quite nervous about first flight.

1 Like

Thanks Graham :+1:

Thanks Rob, my pleasure :+1:

Hi Richard, I use Lightroom and Photoshop.

Thanks for your kind words John :+1: I am pleased with this set of photos, particularly as it was difficult to get the exposures just right. The first and second images were the most difficult as the crags/trees in the front of the castle were very dark and the sun rising behind was very bright. The first image is an HDR of 10 separate photos blended in LR, but even then I still had to highlight various parts of the image in PS and adjust the exposure and colour manually.

Thanks John, appreciate your comments. You will love the Mini 2 it’s a great wee drone, but for your first flight I’d stay well away from trees, find yourself a wide open space and practice some basic manoeuvres :+1: