Stock Photo sites

Can anyone recommend any websites where you can post photos and possibly video with a view to selling.

My first question is drone or land based footage?

If the first then you’ll need a PfCO first and not sure of you have that… if land based stuff then a quick Google suggests loads of locations but …

A UK perspective:

A, it doesn’t matter where I’m from perspective:

1 Like

Hi Stu

Drone images and video it would be. Regards PfCO Im doing it now Ive passed the theory but waitng now to do the flight assessment but weathers holding that back.

Barry

1 Like

So I have signed up as a contributor for shutterstock and sor far had 10/10 rejected.

I know they are picky but does anyone have any tips or tricks?

Or alternatively other routes to selling images…

2 Likes
1 Like

Cheers i will give that a good dose of looking at later.

1 Like

Keep meaning to look into this myself. Sounds good, wether it is I don’t know :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I have a friend who is a professional photographer/ droneographer and he sells images for around £19.99 a piece.

2 Likes

If you can get them uploaded and just leave them there for people to see and purchase, your laughing really and the bonus is you don’t need a pfCo to do it.

The hard part it seems is getting them excepted.

1 Like

When they are rejected do they not give you a brief explanation of why?

1 Like

Yes the description is very generic and broad I will screenshot later on my other phone and upload.

Basically says main subject out of focus (they are all landscape images)

2 Likes

Had the same, yet whe I zoom in they are razor sharp. Even had a photo of a foggy scene rejected for being out of focus.???

2 Likes

The reason for all my images not being accepted was the same word for word. Granted they are not the best but u thought 1 or 2 may be used :roll_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

Seems a little harsh to me. I think the photos look great. I particularly love the one with the bridge! I guess they probably use some software to automatically analyse and grade the photos?

4 Likes

Just found this

Says that he started getting issues with rejected images using same equipment/settings etc that he had always used. He says with some of his photos he resubmitted the same photos a second or third time with no edits or alterations and they were accepted. Might be worth a try :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve never used Shutterstock but are some of these rejections automated?

By which I mean, do the uploads pass through a series of automatic / prelim checks before they have a human eye cast over them?

3 Likes

It is done by humans not AI.

1 Like

Right, I have been a contributor with Shutterstock for two years now. I have made $16.98 in sales and yes I’ve had several rejections but my tip is to sell your photos with other stock companies as well, the reason for this is because I have found that sometimes a rejected photo on one site gets accepted by the other!

Hope this helps and just keep trying. If you would like to ask me anything more about stock photography I’d be happy to chat, all you have to do is ask!

2 Likes

A few replies have hit the nail on te he head of what I was thinking mainly the AI pre checking one was rejected within an hour of uploading.

Could you quote a few stock image sellers for us if possible please? This is my first venture into this unknown territory.

1 Like

Certainly Tony!

I use:

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/
https://www.alamy.com/

3 Likes