Stonehenge WW1 Airfield, Salisbury - Added to English Heritage in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

I visited very early morning, was not allowed in Museum car park as too early, but found an access road on left of A303 which headed for a small caravan site ( something English Heritage seemed to have organized ) I took advantage of this road to use top of car as TOAL, and did a short hop over Stonehenge and adjacent fields which formed the runways for the RAF in WW1. English Heritage have a full write up of the history of the site over WW1, site was disbanded shortly after the 1918 surrender

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 19/08/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Nice one Barry, no problems with the English Heritage gestapo then?

Thanks, No major problem as I was very early 7am? Only person was a antsy guard on car park but I didn’t use that as I realised TOAL would have been on NT or Eng Hertige property lol. So I used a small turning off A303 to get close Was only short flight as we were on way to Poole for boat pics etc

1 Like

Got to get down there one of the days, haven’t been down there for years and then I was working!