Sunflower Crop Circle

Went on a mission today to capture this crop circle made of Sunflowers on Hayling Island. It was pointed out to me from a picture from a Helo on Facepest so I accepted the challenge to get a drone picture. There was very few “legal” launch locations around the field so this was the only angle I could get which was at 500m and 400ft. It was that big I could just about get the whole thing in one shot.

9 Likes

It looks great. I love this!
I understand the 120m restriction , but what 500m are you referring to? no restrictions on horizontal, right?

Unaided visual line of sight is your only limitation as a hobbyist for distance (not height). Oh, and a modicum of common sense. Drone size, weather, other conditions means your VLOS could range from what, 200m? Up to and over a mile away I guess.

But that’s a whole other thread please.

This one is about sunflower crop circles :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very nice crop circles - and in the trend with the current times - a piece of history!

1 Like

I was actually about 523m and between 3 of us, although I was looking at getting the best picture, we just had it visual. I knew if I sent it to the south of the heart I would not be able to see it so didn’t want to risk going any further. If I went directly above it I would not get it all in one shot. If I had a bit more time on site I could have done some fancy trickery and tried a pano but not sure if the pano would have worked looking directly down.