Sunset at Lytham

Took this a coupe of weeks ago but only just got round to uploading it.

Taken at Lytham, Lancashire with a DJI Mini 2.

Ian C

23 Likes

Nice shot but the horizon looks a bit tilted - well worth fixing because its a good shot :+1: :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

I think it looks more tilted than it is. Thought the same myself, initially, but only to the left of the sun is water, to the right is land that’s not necessary level, and the low height of the drone is well below the sea-front and houses on the right, which is tricking one into thinking the horizon’s not level.

But, the sea part is slightly off … if one is being pernickety …

4 Likes

Agreed - the angle of the boat mast also helps in tricking the eye to believe the horizon is tilted more than it is - this together with the points you rightly make Dave end up with the shot looking like its running downhill.
A little adjustment on the tilt would turn it into a cracking shot IMHO :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Wet stuff level …

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

… only takes a couple of secs :man_shrugging: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Note though that the horizon to the left of the sun is not the sea, it is the gently rising land on the other side of the river :wink:

1 Like

none the less MartG1960 still a nice photo.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I’ve straightened up the horizon.

3 Likes

Looks a great image :+1:

1 Like

It’s tilted because it’s the water skiing course!

Sorry!

1 Like

Presumably you took off at Granny’s Bay? Could you possibly indicate where please as that is about the only place you can fly in the sandwich between Blackpool and Warton airfields. I have often thought of flying there but have been put off by the quite narrow legal area.

The other issue is that there are usually a lot of walkers in the vicinity when I have been there. With my large drone I don’t need crowds. I’m guessing when you took the pic there weren’t many around at that time?

Very nice pic of an area near where I worked for 35 years.

The picture with the little bit of water levelled.

Cheers,

Ian C

This is a great spot for sunset photos & the boats make a great foreground for these shots. I have found it to be quite quiet in the winter months but I assume it will be getting more busy as weather changes. Lovely photo.