Survey over a Taxi firm

Ok I have roof a survey over a taxi firm which surprise has two large antennas on the roof ok I can do VLOS from the back yard and it’s good to fly as no airports nearby
so for this is for the knowledgeable (some may say geeky amongst us) is it possible that i could get interference, photo to show the two antennas below
oh i will be using my Mini 2
Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Unlikly unless they are running KWs of power, which would be illegal anyway. They are probably transmitting on ~450Mhz which is nowhere near the controller frequencies.

2 Likes

Thanks pross my thought but you can never be too careful
if it goes south then i may need a mini 3 …I’ll leave that there

1 Like

This post kind of relates, and should put your mind at ease : Have you ever flown a Mini 2 or any drone from a ferry? - #34 by OzoneVibe

Welcome back, too. :+1:

2 Likes

It’s one of those am I right… no I will double check with others
thanks

1 Like

What I mean is, that radar scanner kicks out far more power in a concentrated direction than a taxi radio antenna - and there was no issue at about 3m distance from it. So it’s unlikely that the taxi radio can have more impact.

As said above their operational frequencies will be far enough away from the control frequencies to not interfere. If, and I stress this if, the drone is well out of the near field and in the far field. The near field can cause direct induction in electronics which could cause errors and issues in things like your GPS or worse, the drone’s flight controller. Give at least several metres berth from the antennas and you should be fine.

1 Like

They would either be operating VHF 140 - 170 MHx or 420 - 470 MHz UHF with an effective Radiating power or up to 25 watts. However most taxi firms now use Data systems often using the mobile networks so they may not even be being used? In any case I would think keeping 5 - 10 metres away should be fine,

Thanks all for the comments and advice some i already knew and some i didn’t
Thanks

1 Like