Switzerland, Lucerne and wider area, June 2022

Managed to get a flight in this afternoon, glorious weather :+1:

4 Likes

Hope you both had a real nice relaxing holiday :+1:

1 Like

ask the wife about Furkastrasse Pass :laughing: :laughing:

Ah what happened. Or is it private :rofl:

No such luck, she was petrified, hates heights and sharp edges, quavering like a leaf. I was in the :service_dog: :house:
Check it out here…

Fancy an overseas trip? being as Chernobyl is FU
FPV’ing up the slopes would be awesome for you and the guys :+1:

I’ll be frank and say I’d be scared too. I’ve drove passes like this to find a spot to fly only to find myself driving slow looking over a drop. I’m a wimp too.
But yeah, we need an international big meet

This at Gadmen, on the way to Sustenpass. However the pass itself did not open till 3rd June so we had a coffee at the hostel and came back down.
Weather was poor, dull, damp, no direct sunlight to highlight the detail, colours, mountain tops etc.
Also as my AIR2S was out of commision I used my MP1 which was recording in 1080p which I did not notice :man_facepalming:
So not a video to shout home about :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I used to love transiting Swiss when I was a driver, Basle through to Chiasso, stunning views even from a 38 tonner, but still I visited around the mid 80’s when on leave from the Merchant Navy with my brother and a friend, we drove over from the UK to Besancon and the back roads to Lausanne, and down to Interlaken, oh you ain’t arf brought back some memories :grinning: :pray:

Bet you wanted to fly a plane there Steve

Yes, a plane would have been good :+1:

Stunning footage, what a location :star_struck: Well done mate. Hope you’ve had a good break :+1:

Thanks Chris, yep, when the sun shines it’s so beautiful :+1: :+1:

That sounds like a wholly inappropriate question to ask a lady! :astonished: :blush: