Swollen Batteries (3yo) replaced by DJI no charge

I’ve had my DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone for about 3 years. I purchased it new from DJI along with 5 spare batteries. Recently I have been having a problem with the batteries clicking into the drone securely. I thought it was the drone, a loose screw or something but I couldn’t find anything wrong. The I discovered that the batteries, all 5 of them were swollen in one degree or another. A couple were very swollen others minorly swollen. I was not happy. A new battery has increased in price to about $150 a piece. The I discovered a youtube video that was a solution/fix. I was wondering how could I possibly fix the swollen batteries but that’s what this creator claimed. I watched the video - the fix was not about taking the batteries apart but rather about opening a case with the mfr, DJI and reporting the issue. Too good to be true I thought but why not. I opened the case with DJI last friday. They had me take a video of the batteries and show that they wobbled when placed on a flat surface as well as show the s/ns of the batteries I also had to show proof of purchase.

Now here I am - a week later. I just received an email from DJI with a tracking number and the s/ns of the 5 new batteries on the way to replace my old ones!!

I am truly impressed by DJIs prompt attention to this matter. Yes defective - but still they have stood behind their product inspite of the fact that they could have gone the route of them being out of warranty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1quQIeITcQ

5 Likes

Good to see you’re still around Bonny :smiley:

And great news too on getting five brand new batteries, that’s amazing!! :scream:

They should last another three years at least!

Yes still here - need to get more engaged again - great group -miss you guys. I’ll be more active soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes