Thanks for the invite! from Canterbury, Kent

Thanks for the invite, forum looks fresh!
Bit about me maybe?
been a modeler for over 40 years and anything Radio Control since the first Tamiya cars entered the UK in the early 80’s
Currently have in the fleet 4 or 5 self built quads all based on either APM or Pixhawk, one Tarot 680 Pro Hexacopter with all the bells and whistles (flight time approx 40 min) a couple of Hubsan X4’s and of course my Mavic Pro!
I’m located between Canterbury and Folkestone (and have a few hundred acres to fly on around my location) and work in Maidstone.
Steve

2 Likes

Welcome, @SteveM, very good to have you with us. Looks like you have a lot of experience in the drone arena. Hope you’ll be able to share that - as well as well as you (maybe) learning a bit from us. Also great to have another ‘southerner’ on board! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there Steve, and welcome to the Grey Arrows, great to have you on board :+1:

@Londroner will be pleased, another southern member, he thinks us lot in the North West were trying to take over :rofl:

Well, what a fleet!!

Please, you’ll have to share some pictures of them all! I for one would love to see them :slight_smile:

I too cut my teeth on a Tamiya car in the late-eighties too! I moved up from a 4x C-Cell Tandy RC car (awwwww… :blush:) and the Tamiya was soooooo fast! Did you ever see the RC track at Crystal Palace??

Don’t know if it’s still there, I’m more going back thirty odd years now?

Anyway, welcome once again :smiley:

Ha! Overlapping posts!

I told you @Londroner would be pleased :smiley:

He doesn’t think, he knows! :stuck_out_tongue: Do not underestimate the resolve of the ‘soft southerners’! :rage: :smiley:

Ha ha, all mine were off road and I raced with mates from school around unused car parks at weekends etc. my first was an XR311, dif always gave out and it ran on a 380 motor!

Oh you guys are strict on newcomers! 20h before I can post again?? :frowning:

Sorry! Wasn’t aware the defaults were that strict.

You should be fine now :wink: