That's a lot of percent

I was prompted to do a firmware update on my Mini 2 ‘due to inconsistent firmware’, though nothing has changed on the drone as far as I know.

During the update it reported some very strange numbers for how for it had got with the update ( see pic ), but did complete successfully

3 Likes

You can’t see the decimal point and another 50 zeros that didn’t fit at the beginning. :wink:

1 Like

Does it still work?

2 Likes

Not flown it since, but it powered up OK afterwards

That’s a bit worrying! I haven’t had any problems with firmware updates so far and I’ve done 2 in 2 weeks.

Maybe when your firmware was updating there was an interruption to the data stream which caused a corruption. Those numbers wouldn’t give me much confidence. I would be very careful on your test flight.

Maybe do an email to DJI Support, although I haven’t heard great things about them from some.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I forgot to turn my phone to airplane mode and just as i was about to take off, dji fly showed I needed an update for the mini 2. Did the update and showed me the same number of digits while downloading. Afterwards, I turned the mini 2 and the controller off for about 30 seconds. The mini 2 didn’t show any problems while in flight. The only problem i noticed was when i was going to transfer the files to my imac the micro sd card could not be found. Good thing files were stored on my phone. I managed to sort out the micro sd. Funny thing was that the micro sd card was showing i used around 22gb of data which was about right but i couldn’t retrieve it so in the end had to erase, clean and format the card. Don’t know though if it was related to the update with loads of digits. I told the wife we had to re-do the “shoot” as files didn’t download and she wasn’t really pleased😝

No problems when I next flew mine yesterday - SD card worked fine

5 Likes

There’s a possible game here: spot the flyer?

There are a few candidates, given:
a. the flyer must be looking at the drone
b. you wouldn’t want to be flying over too many buildings

So MartG could be:

• man on left, in hi-vis jacket beside blue lorry (although he may be unloading stock for the Ferry Cafe)
  • closest person, on middle pier, with objects (kit bags) near feet and hi-vis jacket
  • two people to the right of the rollered croquet/ bowling green
  • one man at the rear of the less-rollered green
  • man, legs askew on path beside the seafront railings, although he might have his back to the drone
  • the person sitting on the bench behind the man above
  • red jumper/jacket between two black parked cars on seafront
  • far right, the person in red, beside the ramp of the lower lighthouse

FWIW, my place would have been in Euston Park, in front of the hotel:

• little passing foot traffic
  • a nice bench to sit on
  • good, visible places for a nearby emergency landing

or even here

1 Like

That would be:
" * red jumper/jacket between two black parked cars on seafront"

2 Likes