2017 Winter Challenge

The Grey Arrows Drone Club is pleased to announce its second Challenge!

Here’s your chance to win a super rare, exclusive badge to grace your Profile page! Haven’t heard of GADC’s awesome awards? Check out our announcement regarding Badges, Awards and Challenges.

Welcome to the ‘Winter Challenge’. The objective is simple - post some stunning aerial pictures and videos of festive scenes, snowy landscapes, Christmas trees in the wild, reindeer, outdoor decorations, festive or family gatherings on Christmas Day (preferably outdoors) and anything else you can think of festivity-wise! We’ll even throw in bonus points for tracking Santa’s sleigh on Christmas Eve! :deer: :santa:t2:

The winners, as voted by other GADC members, will be awarded an exclusive champion’s trophy badge.

We have three awards available for you to win in our first challenge. They are:

1st Place Winner - Gold Trophy

2nd Place Winner - Silver Trophy

3rd Place Winner - Bronze Trophy

The rules and small print for this challenge are as follows:

• You must post your pictures or videos to this thread in order for it to be eligible (feel free to also post / duplicate it in the #media category if you wish).

• This challenge is open from 1st December 2017 to 7th January 2018, the closing date. Media posted to this thread outside of these dates will not be eligible

• You may post and submit as many entries as you wish to this Challenge

• Media must be shot using your drone

• Please abide by the Drone Code when shooting your media

• GADC members can cast their ‘vote’ by simply clicking the ‘Like’ button on each post they wish to vote for

• GADC members can Like as many entries / posts in each Challenge as they wish

• The post with the highest number of Likes at 22:00hrs on the closing date will be deemed the winner and that member will be awarded the exclusive 1st Place Gold Trophy. The post with the second highest number of Likes will be awarded the 2nd Place Silver Trophy and the post with the third highest number of Likes will be awarded the 3rd Place Bronze Trophy

• Any Likes cast after the closing date of the challenge will be declared ineligible

• In the event of a tie at any position the Grey Arrows Drone Club reserve the right to declare an outright winner at that position

1 Like

Will Santa be using drones to deliver presents this year? :helicopter:

I just hope he brings me some of the accessories I’ve asked him for :christmas_tree:

I guess it depends on if you’ve made the naughty or nice list. :stuck_out_tongue:

A bridge in progress

14 Likes

We have our first entry to the Winter Challenge :+1:

Absolutely stunning photo mate :star_struck:

You should offer (sell?) that to either the crane company or the construction firm, it’d look great on their office wall!

1 Like

Cheers.

I actually work freelance for the construction company, so they get these for free as a quid pro quo for my experience and the ability to name them once I get the PfCO and start touting for work…

I’m the engineer who had to make sure everything was built in the right place and to the correct heights…

No pressure…:grinning:

3 Likes

Here’s my recent shot of the snow, hope you like!

3 Likes

Thanks to @PingSpike for pointing out I’d previously posted in the wrong place! So, here we go, sunrise over a snowy Oxfordshire

7 Likes

I also knocked up a quick video, though I’ve yet to master aerial videography!

5 Likes

I know I put this in the media folder, but I’d like to add it to the Winter Challenge.

4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

I’ll stop there… :smiley:

It was “snowy landscapes” that caught my eye. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stunning pictures @Peter :smiley:

1 Like

fantastic. I’m returning to Iceland in February.

Can

Not

Wait.

1 Like