The 4K that will not play

Hello all. Thought I would get ready for 250 grams and a way to get another drone and tell the wife I needed it because of the new rules.
I have come across a problem with the MP4 files, the 4K footage will not play in my pc but the 4K files of my M2P play fine and they are the same size as the new files out of the DJI mini 2, I thought it may be a codec the HEVC one but how do the files of the M2P play properly being 4K and the same size. I’m really stuck so I would appreciate some help Thanks

1 Like

Download VLC Player

3 Likes

Sorry clinkdink already done and no joy.

Well if VLC won’t play them, there is something up at the source. Have you changed any of the settings in DJI Fly app? Have you tried a different micro SD card? If you can upload an example file and share it with me, I will gladly check to see if works at my end.

Try downloading a codec pack - I use this one Download K-Lite Codec Pack

Try putting the sd card back into the m2 and turning on the m2 for a while. You may have turned off the drone before it rendered properly on the sd card.

Hi All. Sorry for the late reply but life is a bit busy, started back in choir this afternoon after 17 months, I have been trying everything to get it to record I have tried the sd card from the M2P and swopped over 2 other cards plus I downloaded the HEVC codecs and so far nothing has been successful but 2.5K works fine which watching it playback onto a 1080p computer monitor probably makes little or no difference but I will keep persevering. I also had a problem with the iPad mini 4 not liking the mini 2 but fixed that quite quickly, I have been reading that it’s quite a problem elsewhere. Happy flying John

I had this same problem when using 4K recording

I have a 2 yrs old i5 pc and it wouldn’t play the footage… I later tried them on a 4yr old Lenovo transformer laptop with a lowly CPU… not even i3 CPU, and it okay flawlessly… I was upset a bit at that!

I changed the graphics card in my i5 and now plays this files in great.

So… Can you try the file in some other pc

Thanks all for your great help and assistance but for some reason my problem has gone away, I tried so many things to make it work but I can’t tell you which one worked.
I have also fixed the problem with the Ipad mini 4 connected to the mini 2, the one which says Mobile device CPU fully loaded, I deleted out all of the things that were in the iPad mini 4 as I said to myself I bought it to be dedicated to my drones and also I put it into Aircraft mode and it works a treat.