The Daily Photo Thread

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

:cloud_with_rain: No Flying just editing, here’s Clevedon Pier from last month.

23 Likes

Very good edit Steve. Great shot as well.

1 Like

Thank you Steve :pray:

1 Like

Looking west over the meandering River Forth to the City of Stirling this evening, with the castle in the background.

Mini 2 - 1/1250sec @ f2.8, 100iso - 7 image manual pano.

14 Likes

Ormside Viaduct on the Settle/Carlisle Line. Taken today between the downpours and kind of rushed this! Still had the drone in the air when the heavens opened again. As I took off next to the river, not the wisest move!!

12 Likes

Been a while since I’ve done a Snapseed edit.

Shapwick, Somerset this evening with the mini 2.

9 Likes

In a similar vein, I’ve just taken my first “night” flight (thanks to the new Strobon cree) and had a bit of a fiddle with the Luminar AI trial.

11 Likes

Nice pic @Earwig. Those crees are fantastic at dusk/night. What do you think of Luminar AI? I m still trying to decide between that or go the photoshop route.

I’ve only spent half an hour with it so far. It’s nice and easy to mess with stuff, but I’m pretty sure I could get the same results with software I already have, albeit not as quickly. And I don’t really fiddle with photos a lot anyway.

1 Like

The more I fly this mini 2 the more I love it…
Sunset at Shapwick

13 Likes

The Night Flyer Badge has been added to your profile.

I concur that seagulls really don’t like us having had several swoop attempts on several occasions.

1 Like

Quite like the overexposed chalky path.
Seven Sisters.

14 Likes

Last Nights Sunset.

18 Likes

Did you have ND filter on

No filter, iso/100 1/500

ND filters are rarely used (or should be rarely used) in aerial stills photography. They have no effect on contrast, colour saturation or sharpness. They are used in video photography as a means of controlling the amount of light reaching the camera sensor so as to permit a shutter speed suitable for the frame rate to give a “cinematic effect”

Let Tech Drone Media explain:

5 Likes

Nice vidio,.
Yer I understand the values on ND Filters.
As you say in your reply “ND filters are rarely used”. That would indicate some time they are used.
I just wanted conformation a + or - on ND filters. For my reference.

The Bridgewater Canal

12 Likes