The Daily Photo Thread

St. Mary’s church Andover Hampshire.

Looking towards South-West from 100 metres altitude.
Colour profile: Truecolour.
White balance: Sunny.
Monday 25 June 2018 18:00

7 Likes

@OzoneVibe stunning colours

1 Like

Love that middle one @BrianB - really unusual shot :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @PingSpike. I am working on being able to have proper inside access so I can fly up from the triangular courtyard.

Last night sunset in Lyneham Wilts

6 Likes

Great pic! :+1:
I bet you could pull out a little more detail in the shadow half too … especially if you also have it in RAW.

And!

Don’t forget the ‘rule of thirds’ :smiley:

Couple that, with @OzoneVibe’s RAW advice re the shadows and you’ve got a real winner :+1:

1 Like

Here’s a few more form my flight around South Parade Pier, Portsmouth yesterday morning. As I am still focussing a lot on the flying, so these are a touch over bright, but was a really sunny start to the day, and the sun hits to pier full on.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Hmmm… :thinking:

Is your gimbal / horizon off kilter @BrianB ?

1 Like

I did wonder about that, is it possible to adjust?

Get the MP sat on something nice and level pointing toward something with a level feature, and power it up.
On the RC, go into settings (three little dots top right), select the gimbal icon, in there there’s a gimbal alignment setting you can adjust until the object looks straight and level on your device display.
I did this by actually printing a nicely squared piece of paper that I taped to the wall a couple of feet in front of the MP when it was sat on the coffee table. Worked a treat.

3 Likes

The Twin Sails lifting bridge in Poole, Dorset, and a rather pleasant sunset over Upton Lake!

10 Likes

Some from me, I don’t get on here very often and with life getting in the way I get out with the UAV’s and camera even less.
Here are some that made driving for near two hours and the two hour climb worth it though.
The constant 26 mph winds gusting to 35 mph nearly put a stop to it but after an hour or so at the top they came down to a more realistic 10 mph for some flying.
The aerial image is four stills from the video stitched and cropped, the others were from my DSLR that I was trying not to let it blow away at the time.

11 Likes

:+1:

Whereabouts was this?

1 Like

Sorry, forgot that bit :grinning:
This is Llyn y Fan Fach in South Wales

1 Like

Thought I recognised it from many, many moons ago.
That would be sunrise, then?
That’s keen to be up there that early! :+1:

Yes it was sunrise, started out at from home around 12.30 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bravo! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I have a MA so note sure if the same? I was flying in more windy conditions that day getting warnings so that may have had an effect. Will try a wind free day to test again!