The Daily Photo Thread

I’m sure people that were not doing the challenge have been taking pics … and those that were took some other/spare pics. :wink:

All working fine. Checked the gimbal level … spot on without adjustment.
Not done any recalibrations on anything.

Yup - dangle-angle is something I’m very sensitive about! LOL

1 Like

I have now come to realise that using my MA for a quick shot is not as easy as I assumed. Saw a sudden darkening of red hues in the sky and thought I will put the drone up in the garden to get the sunset. But by the time it was out, and then wanted to be calibrated, it has mostly gone, so this is what was left! Trust me, thouse clouds were glorious about 30 seconds before…

6 Likes

Looks good to me mate :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, likewise! Stunning photo :smiley:

Some sunrise pano shots with the Inspire and Phantom 4 Pro

10 Likes

Stunning!

2 Likes

Thank you.

I had my first go at a sunset, although it would’ve been better if I had been able to take it about 20 mins later but we had to go out somewhere. I’ll try a lower sun this week hopefully

8 Likes

So with a filter, would you be able to see the sun clearer ?

Better just adjusting exposure (right wheel) … since …
a) that’s all an ND filter is doing, and
b) you can tinker with it without landing.

Put the camera in manual and lower your exposure settings, you can see how it looks on the screen in real time.

You don’t even need to bother with being in manual exposure if you adjust the EV with the right wheel.

4 Likes

Do you have the RAW/DNG version of that photo mate?

yeah i do on the sd card, with that photo above i have only edited on my iPhone

i had a trial with lightroom but thats finished now. I need some free editing software. or i could just use iPhoto on the mac

1 Like

It’s not free and I’ve not used it personally but have heard good things about Luminar 2018 as a Lightroom alternative.

Might be worth giving the free trial a shot.

£64 for a lifetime license compared to Adobe’s £9.98 a month.

Let me know if you try it as I’ll be on the lookout for something myself soon.

I use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC on Android … and I’m a cheapskate, so it must be free. :wink:
It’s on iTunes, too, and doesn’t mention a price.
I think on both there are additional features that can be paid for, but as something that does all I need when out-and-about it’s brilliant!
I actually use it quite often at home, rather than Photoshop / PhotoDirector … because it’s quick and simple for getting so much more out of RAW than I need for social media posting.

Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.lrmobile&hl=en_GB

iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/adobe-lightroom-cc/id878783582?mt=8

1 Like

Ah I have this on my phone and have been using it but I thought it was tied to the free trial on the Mac so I haven’t opened it since the trial ended ! Didn’t realise I could still use it :+1:t2:

1 Like

I seem to recall you have to sign into your Adobe account … but free afaik on iOS too

I’ve used Snapseed for a while on iPad and iPhone, android version also available…sorry if this is already well known on here.

https://support.google.com/snapseed/?hl=en#topic=6155507

1 Like