The Daily Photo Thread

Which goes to prove that if you take flying responsibly, so will the authorities when you work with them.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that @Scuba01 - really good to hear there was such a sensible attitude by all concerned.

1 Like

Couple from yesterday.

20 Likes

@callum real nice shots their mate

2 Likes

Thanks mate

@callum Stunning Shots👍

1 Like

Not jealous at all mate.
Stunning scenery :open_mouth:

1 Like

A quick fly to get the Užupio Angelas (The emblem of the Independent Republic of Užupio, in Vilnius, Lithuania!)

Had a 30min opportunity in between the rain and sleet, but was a bit too windy once above the rooftops! :confused:

6 Likes

One of the shots i took when at Kent at the weekend.

7 Likes

@callum What a beautiful back garden you have, how long does it take to cut the grass? Have you thought of converting that old building into a man cave? Then we could all come over for meet…:clown_face:

3 Likes

Shustoke reservoir, Warwickshire

5 Likes

My last weekend in Guernsey so I decided to head back to L’ree Bay and Lihou Island. This was my first journey out when I first got here but I didn’t own the M2P then and I always wanted to fly here.

Luck would have it that the tide was in my favour and I was able to walk across the causeway to Lihou Island and take a walk around. Truly Stunning. Super Day,

11 Likes

Very nice,could you actually go inside the old gun post?:+1:

I think it opens up during the holiday season. its quite interesting as around it are the remnants of the German trenches and you can walk through them. There are a lot of towers like this throughout Guernsey, indeed the hotel I am staying at was the German Headquarters during the war.

1 Like

Think i may have to add Guernsey to my holidays with the drone list!!!:+1::+1:

Depending on where you fly from it is SERIOUSLY expensive to get here. My flights have been around the £500 mark return to Edi via Southampton or Birmingham. There is also another slight problem. Dji have updated Guernsey FRZ to be in line with the CAA. Thing is CAA doesn’t have remit here, the channel islands control their own airspace. So, I had to get an unlock code for part of todays flying. The rule here is a 2 nautical mile limit around the airport, However GATC have been very good with me, I have called them up and said I want to fly here and they have never refused me. I just call them up when I start flying and call them up when I am done. Although today, I did have an incursion from a private pilot twice. Had to drop to 30 feet and just let him pass.

1 Like

Thanks @ScottishYorkshireMan i will be looking into this for sure,just a bit concerned about how you get the unlock code thingy,or i may just take the Autel evo!!

It was easy actually. It came up and asked for a mobile number, I had to take responsibility etc etc. Shortly afterwards I got a code to my phone, I entered the code and voila, it enabled the area. Which really shouldn’t have been there anyway. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK thanks for info it sounds fairly easy,which means i can take the mp2,my preferred choice of quad!!

2 Likes

Just a thought,but you are correct about the flights ,very expensive,but hey,you only live once :rofl::rofl::rofl: