The disadvantages of owning a drone

So I have had my DJI mini 2 since the 15th.
Went to the beach yesterday with the Missus. Took some pretty pictures of the beach. All good.
That is, until I decided to take some selfies.
My wife looks Ok - fairly intelligent.
I look like a confused old codger who has just bought a DAB radio and is trying to work out how to get radio 4 on it.
To add to that, I thought I looked good in a baseball cap. Said cap is now in the back of the cupboard, never to be worn in public again.
So the drone is fun, I’m getting to grips with the photography. Just not sure about self images.

23 Likes

I feel your pain Sir. A few times now I’ve accidentally got myself in shot as I’ve been panning by or using a quickshot on a nearby building and my reaction every time is ‘Oh for God’s sake man, lose some weight’ or ‘Christ. I look like a midget’ … I’ve got a flat cap that now sits on the parcel shelf of the car because I thought it would make this old soul boy look cool when in reality it just makes me look a bit of a tit.

9 Likes

Show us the pictures then :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

You think I saved them from the video? Are you mad man? :smiley:

The missus has a couple she uses to amuse her friends with when they get together :frowning: I’ll ask her

2 Likes

tenor (12)

Hence why you don’t see many of us in any videos :wink::sunglasses::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’ll very rarely make myself the subject of a video when I’m testing out a Quickshot or similar. And the end result is usually so awkward that I end up looking similar to this :point_down:

2 Likes

As in, I’m just awkwardly looking around. I don’t turn into John Travolta…

3 Likes

Always preferred being behind the camera, not in front of it.

1 Like

Here’s one of me - woolly hat and slippers - flying my Mini 2 from my driveway :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Guess the plus to the photo is your at least maintaining VLOS :wink:

4 Likes

That looks unsettlingly familiar

1 Like

I never, ever take a selfie of myself. Nobody wants to see an ugly old bugger :rofl:

2 Likes

Is it just me or do we all have our mouth open when concentrating ?

1 Like

Have learnt early on to make sure I’m not in shot, can’t deal with the disappointment :frowning_face:

Yep, me too. I’m the one with the camera, not the one in the photos.

1 Like

It’s mostly natural… tilt your head far back and, unless you have total control of your bodily functions (which I don’t), your mouth opens…
:dizzy_face:

And how many have just now tried! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

And then… I’ll fall over

1 Like

That’s so funny…:grin::grin:

Wow…I’m so glad this isn’t just me. I’m bald, I’ve adjusted and it hasn’t bothered me for 25 years. But looking my massive white dome from above is really annoying me… if you’d like to donate a flat or baseball cap, I think it would be a definite improvement! :sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile: