The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

Voting for the subject for the new season of RTF competitions is now live - here!

3 Likes

Ian, we cannot accept this picture as it does not comply with the requirements, namely:

3. Format
The objective illustrated must be framed as the dominant subject of your image; the judges may disqualify images they consider do not match this requirement

The subject requested is:

2. A Dual Carriageway with Red coach or bus (not minibus) / White car / Articulated vehicle with blue truck cab

While the dual carriageway is obvious the other parts of the subject (not the bonus items) are indistinct. From the angle you have chosen to present them from a drone in flight it is not possible to determine with any certainty what the models represent or their colour.

Your image is therefore rejected

firefox_3Czhns6fVv

Cheeky lol, wish I known about The Road to Nowhere in Yate, considering I only bought those 3 models in Yate shopping centre there this morning at 11am and then did my unsuccessful photo shoot on A38. well done mate, good local knowledge

Ian, we appreciate your Herculean efforts and your ingenuity but unfortunately small scale models ldo not form a dominant pert of the picture when set against a four lane road - and the four lanes have to be seen in order to prove it is a dual carriageway.

You have done your best, as have many others, given constraints of time available and costs involved. This year you have been pipped at the post by a worthy opponent. As you so graciously say, well done to John

well done to all who took part

1 Like

Now that the Randomizer™ has done its sterling work in picking the three potential RTF subjects Marius is busy re-programming the machine ready for tonight’s bonus activities …

1 Like

@DroneGeek well … the plan was worth a try mate :wink:

Our photographer, careless of the effect that a slight Dutch angle may have on OCD sufferers, has captured our data entry clerks in their last heroic effort before closedown shortly after 23:00 tonight

Whilst I am here and because I’m one of those irritating people who likes to test deadlines:

8. A Landscape not in the county in which I live

• An area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB) or NSA (Scotland) :white_check_mark:
  • A 360 degree panorama (hosted on Kuula) :white_check_mark:
  • Drone Scene entry :x: [already exists]
  • A screenshot of your existing or newly added Members’ Map entry :white_check_mark:

Taken with a Mini 3 Pro on 29 August 2022 at Newlands Corner in the Surrey Hills AONB.

4 points please.

2 Likes

Congratulations to our winners!

After a nail-biting finish with a tremendous amount of behind the scenes discussion we can now declare that in First Place with a prize of £200 is @john768. Very close behind came @Acedrone who wins £100 for second place and a worthy and embattled third came @DroneGeek winning £50

Each will also receive an appropriate winner’s medal which can be proudly displayed on all posts they make throughout the whole of GADC.

Marius and the crew have done superlative work in getting the Randomizer ™ ready for our surprise bonus tonight:

The participants raffle!

And here is the screen from the Ramdomizer™’s CRT:

The prizes, a thank-you for taking part go as follows:

@kvetner £25
@stevesb £15
and @WeeJubya £10

Thank you all for joining in. we hope that, despite some fraught moments, that you have enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you in the other Chall Com events throughout the year

8 Likes

Consider it an early entry for next year …

Well done to all

Well done guys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Well done everyone.

1 Like

Well done the worthy winners. I don’t suppose there’s a ‘sole NI entrant’ badge floating around looking for a home?

Thanks to Challenges committe and to all who took part.Hate to think what they will come up with for next years Challenge. :smiley:

1 Like

Unicorns!

It has already been decided:

Photograph something

Post it in this thread

Well done, you can share in the first prize

That might cut the arguments down a bit

1 Like

Nice one everyone who took part … well done the winners !!

Well done all, especially the @Challenges_Committee they deserve a medal

8 Likes