The Tree ..... A Bridge

From the Cov/Nuneaton trio on our yesterdays flights around the fields and canals near Marston junction, Nuneaton

Pilot @notveryprettyboy AKA Karl
Recorder @Steviegeek AKA Steve
Tea/Coffee provider @DeanoG60 AKA Dean

https://youtu.be/fWuZLrw2RJ4

15 Likes

A quality mornings flying if I do say so myself! :grin: look forward to many more :+1:t2:

And @notveryprettyboy flying under that bridge! You’ve got balls man! :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: Loved the tunes!
It was a big enough gap, just the deep canal scared the hell out of me

3 Likes

Did you recognise them ??

Not the first one…

We noticed that Deans @DeanoG60 FPV camera has great colour rendition, beautiful greens and blue skies
It’s a Caddx Ratel, 2.1mm lens

To avoid embarrassment at the end I’ll refrain from naming the pilot :rofl: :joy:

https://youtu.be/FeyjQWfdHJE

4 Likes

Chicken Run - Film theme tune
John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams

1 Like

That under bridge run was bloody awesome! Looks like you lads had a fun day out :grin:

2 Likes

My guess is @DeanoG60 :grin: Nice bit of flying until the tree moved and got in the way :joy:

3 Likes

Hahaha yeah I’m gunna blame voltage sag as my battery was low and I didn’t get as much punch out as I thought! Yes that’s what happend and I’m sticking to it! :rofl:

Was nice of Steve and Karl to do the walk of shame for me:

Thanks guys! That’s Bro’s for life right there! :+1:t2:

P.s Awesome choice in music Steve! :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

@SirGunner Get yourself a Radio transmitter and a simulator like, lift off or velocidrone and give it a go :ok_hand:t2: its soooooo much fun actually learning to pilot the drone with full manual control. Once you’re comfortable with the sticks in the sim get yourself an Emax Tinyhawk freestyle 2 and rip it around in your local park :ok_hand:t2: it’s under 250g and doesn’t have a camera (as such lol) so no laws will be broke :ok_hand:t2: hahaha I’m determined to get you to try FPV :rofl:

2 Likes

Sounds like a lot of fun! Dream team!

2 Likes

They always do that. Nasty things, these trees are :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Haha once Christmas is out the way I might be able to get away with buying a transmitter Deano. FPV is definitely something I want to try when I can, it looks like something I would really enjoy! I love watching all you guys vids whizzing around all over the place :grin:

2 Likes

They sure are Eneko :joy:

1 Like

Only 2 broken props and a rather muddy quad but it’s already repaired so all good :ok_hand:t2: glad it wasn’t my Mavic :rofl: that would of hit the pocket hard :rofl:

1 Like

Thats the thing that worries me about FPV flying. All the crashing (of which there will be a lot if I’m at the controls :grin: ) and the constant repairs :exploding_head: lol

Mate it isn’t that hard honestly, I’ve just watched hours and hours of youtube videos. Everything is pretty straightforward but I will admit it is a steep learning curve but that’s what I’ve actually enjoyed the most so far is the learning about how it all works. Be warned it is expensive though. One of the ready to fly kits from Emax is probably the best starting point really along side a proper Radio Transmitter that supports USB Joystick to connect to a PC for the Simulator. Probably looking at an initial cost of around the £250ish mark for a reasonable Radio and the the ready the fly kit version of the Tinyhawk freestyle 2.

That’s buying new though can probably do it way cheaper if you buy 2nd hand :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Cheers mate I will look into this when I have the money and time :+1:t2: I will have to learn the FPV language too, most of what you guys type in answers just go whoosh straight over my head :rofl:

1 Like

Great Steve, can’t wait to see you all let us know when you and Karl go flying again fed up with sitting here

3 Likes