The Unofficial GADC Reason To Fly Competition

Can we have a timescale on this = start and finish dates? Or maybe release one challenge each week with a two week period to complete.

No prizes but the picture in each category with the most likes wins?

And can we include something for those in Scotland and Northern Ireland?

ALL take off and landing sites (that conform with the drone code and aviation regs :slight_smile: ) MUST be added to Dronescene in order to be considered.

1 Like

Love this mate, Totally agree.

what would you/everyone prefer? 1 a week?

I’d suggest getting a few more on the list then picking one at random per week (starting Monday14th Sept) not necessary in order to keep people on there toes and to stop stock piling. date of photo/video to be presented when entered.

love the DroneScene idea too. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Open to @GADC_Committee members too I fancy ;o)

2 Likes

oh yes mate. although well be judging yours to see who is the best committee member :wink:

There was a ploughing competition at a farm near where I live (<5 mins drive) and it was held the day before the birthday challenge finished so if I’d been on the ball there was the possibility of a single very late entry. Unfortunately I only found out about it when browsing the local paper after the event (and after the competition finished). Not that it matters anyway, the guys that put in the effort deservedly won. :smiley:

1 Like

We are all the same, we is Hugh

1 Like

haha. watched that change from borg to hugh and sprayed my coffee!

1 Like

The force is strong young Padawan

1 Like
  • Bridge
  • Climbing spiral with at least 3 orbits of a structure
  • Interior of an abandoned building
  • Landscape (NON edited)
  • Harbour
  • Drone code safe photo
  • Eucalyptus tree
  • An active track of a vehicle
  • Photo of a drone from a drone
2 Likes

I wouldn’t have a clue how to do a climbing spiral - getting a headache just thinking about where my thumbs would need to be !!! lol

2 Likes

Possible to set a drone in POI mode and then just manually adjust altitude while it automatically spins around the target?

2 Likes

That’s what I’d do lol

Litchi is your friend!

(Other flight controlling software is available) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No it’s gotta be manual… Takes the fun out if it otherwise!
Left stick towards 11, right stick towards 2 I’d guess (been a while since I tried one)

No one said it had to be smooth :wink:

3 Likes

I except no liability for damage to aircraft ,:face_with_hand_over_mouth::smirk:

1 Like

Or the POI

1 Like

“POI”!!!

That’s the word I couldn’t remember earlier when I ended up with ‘…structure’!

2 Likes

Fly under a cow…

3 Likes

Because you can’t have enough TLA

1 Like

I’d say that could seen as being Udderly irresponsible . . . . . :rofl:

4 Likes