This is what you need to fly in Spain

JAEN, (Andalucia)

I leave you this link of great help.

99% of the exam questions are here Drones

2 Likes

Here’s one of the questions and the answer in Spanish from the above link: -
Qué debo tener en cuenta si voy a realizar una operación con UAS un Día de lluvia? Tengo Que impermeabilizar la aeronave. Debido a la visibilidad limitada, el alcance de la conexión puede verse reducida. La humedad puede dañar la electrónica de la aeronave no tripulada provocando fallos. La humedad puede hacer Qué la lente de la cámara se empañe.

Cut and paste into google translate Spanish to English and you get:
What should I take into account if I am going to perform a UAS operation on a rainy day? I have to waterproof the aircraft. Due to limited visibility, the range of the connection may be reduced. Moisture can damage the electronics of the unmanned aircraft causing failures. Moisture can cause the camera lens to fog up.

A bit time consuming but all the answers are there to create your own little answer book ready for the exam.

2 Likes

Thank you, I think I will take my test with the Irish, at least thats in English.

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can shed some light on my questuon here.

Im heading to Tenerife end of March and hoping to take my drone.

I can see anywhere that says if the UK is still considered part of the EU/EASA legislation or if i would have to register as an Remote Pilot/Operator for spain.

If anyone knows are the UK or CAA OP/Pilots license still accepted there or not?

Thanks!

I’ve moved your post to an existing thread that covers this topic.

Also look at topics that come up in this search.

Also more EU specific info in Flying in the EU

Where you hoping to use it ?

All of the Tiede national park is a no go and most of the resorts the police are very keen :frowning:

The French one can be done in English and is easier than the Luxembourg one.

1 Like

Hi chris,

Yeah i knew Tiede was a no go area, i should of mentioned that. We are staying in Los Gigantes end so the beach/pier there and also the hills of Guimar area, doesnt seem to have restrictions there but also some nice peaks.

Thanks

So the Remote pilot/operator license does have to be done again!

Thanks,

Check out the map

https://drones.enaire.es/

Thanks for this! :ok_hand::+1:

I have just taken my Irish Drone Licence as its covered by EAAS regs, simple enough to do, 10 minute video, 40 questions and $30 . So I can now fly this in spain, although the fireproof label isnt going to happen.

1 Like

Honestly, according to the Enaire Website, it seems pointless taking a drone to spain. even a 250g one like mine. Every part of southern spain seems to be in some sort of lockdown for drones.

Hi, planning on taking a small -250g drone with camera to Murcia, Spain soon. Can’t find anywhere in the UK that does the aluminium fireproof identification plates for the drone/controller. Any ideas please? Also is liability insurance mandatory for such a small recreational drone? Can’t find any up-to-date info for 2022. Thanks in advance.

Most of Southern Spain is airports, or military bases etc… Natural Parks are also a no-go, but there are still lots of good areas to fly…

Please can anyone advise how I get registered and what training I need to fly in Spain. I just seem to go around in circles on the internet… Or end up trying to read Spanish when trying to register. I still don’t even know if I need an online course and test and if it’s free or costs… Please can anyone advise and point me in the right direction?

I’ll be looking to fly a Mavic 2 Pro.

There is more legislation on drones than guns… Yet not one death by hobbyists drone!

Thanks.
James

You can do the Irish drone test ( at least it’s in English) to register with the EU.
Might also be an idea to download/ install the ENAIRE app for Spanish no fly zones ( much like Altitude Angel )

1 Like

Thanks.

Ironically, I’ve found the French registration site which has the course and test in English. I’m definitely not starting it now… But will get going on it tomorrow.

Been recommending the French one for ages. In English, straightforward and free.