Threatening behaviour, spat at!

Have a good one, we shall follow your travels

https://www.seascanner.com/cruise-k130466-western-mediterranean-oasis-of-the-seas-civitavecchia-rome

I thought that ship had a live webcam somewhere, Ill have to geek further

1 Like

If the boat does have a live webcam,look out for any wayward drones,they might belong to Chris…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m gonna be a good boy :+1::grin:Well, when I am on board, which is not gonna be a lot!.

2 Likes

Cant remember who it was but someone suggested wearing a yellow hi vis vest, makes you look like your doing something official. Have to say it works and I now wear one every time I go flying

1 Like

Lol @chrisjohnbaker stick your high vis on the boat. Everyone will keep asking you where the bog is.

2 Likes

Sod, that!, they will expect me to give them a sick bag!.

2 Likes

Marty I am retired and have flown recreation aircraft for years, there is always some retard who wants to have ago whilst you are minding your own business and just enjoying your hobby. He would not have behaved like that if you were a strapping lad who would have given him a good hiding . It got so bad at one time a group of us would fly together just in case as one member had his plane smashed and equipment stolen.
Anyway my point is you handled it well, you were right in every way try not to let one jealous moron spoil your fun!

4 Likes

I have had similar experiences twice.
The first time I suggested the man call the police and I sat down while he ranted to wait for them as he was on his phone. After 10 minutes or so, I asked how long they’d be. He hadn’t called them. So I left.

The second time was the park keeper who told me it was illegal to fly in this park (it wasn’t, I had checked the bylaws) then he said, unprovoked, “I’ll take you down if you give me any lip. I’m calling the police”. I waited a full 20 minutes before leaving because no police turned up. When I got home, I called the police myself because I was concerned that they might have turned up later. I also reported him for the threat and they advised me to contact the council, his employers (which I did and gave them the crime number).

The next time I flew in that park, one of the Gardner’s told me that the park keeper doesn’t like drones but he’s been told off by his bosses because someone complained about him :rofl:

Chin up my friend. Get out there and enjoy your hobby. The last laugh is always worth waiting for.

5 Likes

Well done for sticking your ground, to many people think they know the law but they don’t.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your kind replies, and very grateful for the sound advice.
We really can’t let moronic behaviour spoil our enjoyable hobby.
Cheers

3 Likes