Tilbury Fort / Coalhouse Fort

Note To All Members.
Not a bad idea to take a photo of any SIGN that you are in front of that says anything about “No Drones”, just for other peoples interest and information.

1 Like

Lol, I’ll be sure to remember this rule next time

I might challenge that a little in that it’s better not to have proof you saw the signs … and then made your own decision to fly. :wink:

OK. I’m being a tad “naughty”, but if we start challenging every sign we’ll never have any time in the rest of our lives to actually fly.

2 Likes

I think next Sunday I’ll have to let litchi do it’s thing and hope I get a good footage before someone comes whining at me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am referring to having a reference for the members Dave, nothing more sinister than that.

1 Like

When I was there a Land Rover followed me down the path around the front of the fort. I had the drone following me on the walk from the car park. So I thought I was going to be stopped. But the two guys in there hi vis jackets just got out of the car and walked off towards the fort.
There is work going on at the fort but they weren’t bothered about what I was doing.

1 Like

I realised, but then all members have “seen the sign”. :wink:

3 Likes

You know the old saying, ignorance is bliss.

3 Likes

OK. How about this, then.

Most of you will have seen the pics/timelapse I took at the container port.

I was 400m the other side of the Test estuary when I took off … between high/low water, too … and for the life of me I couldn’t see any signs, let alone read them. If there were any, they’d have been an eight mile drive away, and the container port road entry is about half a mile past where the public road ends. So where would a sign be, if it existed?

With reference to everything available to me, I’m unaware of breaking any laws, any flight restrictions, or anything.

But, if I’d phoned them and asked, they’d probably have said “no way”, for the reasons such people do. (See above)

Genuine Rule #1 of Drone Flying - do everything you reasonably can to fly safely without (a) breaking genuine restrictions, and, preferably (b) without anyone knowing you’re there. :wink:

6 Likes

Well said !, that man !

4 Likes

The sign is on a board as you enter the fort park from the car park. Seems quite a new board maybe its a new rule.

One of my first flights was around Dunottar Castle. They have a no drones sign at the entrance. We were visiting the castle first anyway, so I told them at reception I would be flying a drone from the public beach and around the castle, but not over, and would not be operating on their land, and they were fine with it.

Phrased it as a “heads up, this is what I’m doing - don’t worry” rather than “is it ok if I?” As knew what I was doing was legal.

5 Likes