Tips for Orientation and spacial awareness

Best advice I ever had for inverted control flying when not using the screen was imagine your a pilot sitting in the front of your drone. If you want to roll right (looking forward from the cockpit) move roll control stick to the right. Worked for me. :upside_down_face: :joy:

Unfortunately I have thousands of hours flying aircraft.
New to drones. Pitch control aircraft, pull back to go up, push forward to go down. Drone is opposite! I’ve got it wrong instinctively a couple of times! Labelled remote control as a reminder.

Change stick behaviour (mode)

Can it be changed to reverse climb, descend?. None of the 3 modes seems to do this.

As well as the 3 there should be a custom mode where you can alter them to suit (its been a while so I’d have to check) there used to be on the earlier models

Edit

As I thought

Thanks. I’ll have a look.

The usual default mode 2 controls are a bit weird to get used to if you have experience with manned aircraft if you’re on a camera drone but they’re generalised from the mode 2 controls used on model aircraft and FPVs where it’s a lot more intuitive in that sense.

You can swap it on mini 2. I have done it in the past as I found it more intuitive for some reason. I have however gone back to the default setting and forced myself to stick with it. I almost crashed a mates drone as his sticks were “wrong”. I still get it wrong occasionally but the more I fly the less it goes wrong.

Over 10,000 hours flying fixed wing but a good point that changing my stick orientation might not be a good idea if possibly flying another drone.

Or letting one of us fly yours

Crash and burn baby, crash and burn🔥

1 Like

I think I’ve just remembered why!!! Funny the things that pop into the head while being idle. I had an amiga 500st a long time ago. The only three games I played were Monkey Island, a racing game with a lotus elise, and some sort of flight simulator!!!. I think there was also something called Zelda? But I thought it was shite so never played it :rofl:

I know you are supposed to keep the drone in sight at all times but i often find if im any distance away i look at the screen and then can find it hard to acquire the drone visually again especially when its a grey day. I always use the radar style display on the screen to fly the drone back towards me until i can see it again. Ive only resorted to RTH twice.

Gods and Prince of persia were my favourites! :+1:t2:

Looking at a skin to help see the drone or find it if landed away.

Was going to put red on top to find it in grass and black underneath to see it airborne. RAF trainers went from red to black as it was deemed better.