Tips on finding a lost drone 😢

what was the last camera view grass,branches,brambles ect.

Atm I have to be careful sneaking around with torches as the last week been a number of threats by CIRA who said there behind shootings at the police station and devices left in a few places. :frowning: So been night choppers and police popping out of bushes :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What I lost is a THF2 no GPS not camera recorded, I was only testing and what you see in center of picture is the area it fell,

I have been over the pictures and my daughter visited and took a look in the area.

I’m going to take pictures facing trees as it’s definitely not on top.

Are the IRA still very active? Not heard anything for a long time.

What goggles are you using? Do they have DVR if so play back the DVR and try and pick out any landmarks.

Edit: Just checked the spec of the ev800d goggles and it does have built in DVR. So next question is did you have an SD card inserted into the goggles and have you set up Auto recording?

Re play the video of it crashing to give you a better idea of where it actually crashed.

Yes tbh never went away :cry: it’ be local news but never national anymore, been constant weekly kneecappings in both communities and only yesterday police went into a area to search a house and arrest a bomb maker, we are also lucky it’s a minority and majority which are trying and not being divided and able to live together, but unfortunately we are ran by f@ckups.

@DeanoG60 I did not have goggles on it was only a test LOS and less then 100 ft away and 30ft up :cry::cry:

2 Likes

White light :slightly_frowning_face:

Blue light :slightly_smiling_face:

Retrieved :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:Best props to have fitted :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

9 Likes

Bravo!

1 Like

Awesome! Does it still work ok? :muscle:

1 Like

Bugger never thought of that as I skipped all the way back down to the house, :rofl: thanks for bursting my bubble :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Awesome

1 Like

How’s the weather been? I wasn’t trying to burst your bubble lol I’m sure it’ll be fine mate :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I know it’s just my silly humour, :laughing: actually for this country it’s not rained in over a week.

It turned on :+1:

No pain no gain happy scratches now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Ouch looks painful Mark but worth it as you got your baby back safe and sound, really pleased for you man :+1:t2:

1 Like

Now that’s even more of a result. Happy days.

:+1:

1 Like

:+1:

2 Likes

Another thing you can do if the battery is still connnected is use your goggles as a sort of direction finder by using your body/hands to shield the reception.

1 Like

Nicely done!

And congrats on your new Drone Rescue badge :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well deserved too.

:clap: to that man.

3 Likes

And he has the battle scars to prove it too :grin:

2 Likes

@Loopdreams thanks I definitely order one. Unfortunately I did not have goggles with me and by remote controller saying critical battery warning when arming buzzer that only had short time to find it also now found it I don’t think view on goggles would have helped. Blinking worse thing is I set my controller and jacket down about 5 ft from it :slightly_frowning_face:

@PingSpike thanks as it seems fitting 3¹⅓ years ago I got my first ever badge a Plonker one :roll_eyes: after losing my Mavic pro and putting camouflage on my replacement :sunglasses:

3 Likes