To sell or not to sell M2P

That’s an interesting thought. I assumed that legacy overrides GVC :thinking:

1 Like

My understanding is that GVC will allow you to fly legacy beyond 2022 - but I have been known to be wrong and perfectly happy for someone to put me back in my box :joy:

1 Like

Or forget the camera aspect and go down the FPV route, and just do what the majority of us bought for , to fly.

That’s the way is see many going, in these parts anyway :wink:

1 Like

I was going to suggest the same Chris :grin:

1 Like

Wait.

I need to make a Judas badge.

1 Like

Honestly Rich it’s just SO much fun! You should try it too :wink: :grin:

2 Likes

Maybe if @PingSpike comes to the big meet, he could try fpv :grin:

2 Likes

What a tight git!!! I’ll give you £51… :hugs:

1 Like

I can’t be without the M2P camera, so I’ll be keeping mine :+1:

1 Like

If you want a return for it then sell now …the longer you leave it the less you can ask for it.

If the money isn’t an issue then keep it …

How much would you expect to get for it now v in a years time ?

Honestly don’t know the answer to that, I’d expect at least Grand now for the kit and in a years time I really would like to guess (if the certified drone start appearing) probably half that :thinking:🤦🏽

Very good point… not sure i would want to be without mine! so , although i think about selling it , I very much doubt i would have the will to do so , and I would no doubt regret it sooner rather then later…if i did. :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :grimacing:

1 Like

I think you have all reasons covered by your own thoughts and the replies but my 2 penneth…
Not knowing anything about when you’ll see the new classified drones and reading all the comments above it sounds like you have plenty of time before a replacement is available. But it also sounds like the level and cost of the drone will interest people who have the experience to be thinking along the same lines as you and the others in this thread rather than someone not bothered ready to take a punt on a nice drone circa £1000.
So I’m guessing it could already be a difficult sell for what you hope it’s worth.
If money is the important factor get it advertised now and maximise your chances.
if flying it and loving it while you can is more important you have to not worry about its eventual worth and take your chance later on.

3 Likes

Thank you mate.

Having slept on it (the thoughts not the drone) I’ve decided I’m going to keep it for the foreseeable until such a time that more rumours circulate on the release of Certified birds.

As good as the wee mini 2 is, it’s not quite got the control of the big birds and could it keep me going for 2+ years until such a time C marked drones are on the market. It’s nice owning such a great drone and I would be sad to see it go, feels like I’ve only had it 5 minutes.

Thanks for your thoughts on this guys and I’ll bare your offer in mind for the future Dave @OzoneVibe. :+1:t4::joy:

3 Likes

I find the M2 better to fly than the bigger mavics, and the more you play with the FPV stuff the more they seem like supertankers in the air

1 Like

I’m feeling the same lately. Restriction here, NFZ there, rule here, busybody there and nosey b’stards everywhere. For me the fun has been well and truly sucked out of it.

I have less restrictions and rules on all my shotguns than I do on these pesky flying machines of death.

Done with it.

flicks back hair and flounces off

1 Like

I’m in a bit of the same pickle not knowing what to sell and keep. I have a Phantom 3 Standard, Spark and a Mavic Air, both the Phantom and Air have not racked up more than 10 hours between them. I would probably like to find a good home for the Spark and Phantom and keep the Air to see what happens. Did the CofC to keep flying till the deadline and thinking of investing in a sub 250g but interesting reading all the comments. Last post was true as well, I have easier to manage restrictions on my shotguns than my drones!

2 Likes

I may have been skim reading this but where do I get a shotgun mount for my Mini 2?

2 Likes

I use gorilla tape. Stops it falling off and hurting some busy body.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you did not sleep on the drone Steve ! Think it may not fly that well if you had… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wink: