Today I learnt a lesson to always carry spare underwear

Ok, so the truth is, I got excited when I saw some kayakers, lost VLOS for just a minute and this happened.

Lost signal on DJI fly because of the interference so was convinced it had crashed, then it came back in and somehow I managed a second pass without crashing and I can honestly say, no matter how cool the kayakers are I will never lose VLOS again!!

Beyond :poop: :poop: :poop:

29 Likes

In-flight recharging?

11 Likes

Did come back with 150% :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Result! :+1:

2 Likes

Not even worth it for the level my heart rate went up to

3 Likes

Wow lucky guy lol! Almost worthy of the Ass clencher badge :scream: glad it worked out for you though :facepunch:t4:

5 Likes

Felt like FPV rewatching :joy:

1 Like

That needs a ‘Jammy Bastard’ badge.

8 Likes

Poper Jammy get the lottery on!
Did the obstacle avoidance stop it from hitting the cables?
It seemed to follow the same path back, was that the return to home?

2 Likes

Mini 2 so only the bottom sensors. Luck and panic avoided the rest.

The RTH didn’t cut in immediately which was annoying when I got signal back I started moving it and then it kicked in and raised straight up

1 Like

Duh…should have read the post!!
I have a Mini 2 also, Glad yours that it didn’t get fried!! and lives for another day
Good video of the nearly!

1 Like

Wow that was a close call, my heart’s racing just from watching it!!!

2 Likes

I did manage to get some nice footage despite this, will get around to editing it properly tomorrow.

Makes it all worth while

4 Likes

That’s one not to repeat. I say that have watching three times lol. Glad it ended well for you.

1 Like

We need a new catchphrase, Should have gone to Dronescene :joy:

1 Like

OMG That was a close one !

1 Like

Flash, bang…blackout …explain that to the insurance company :rofl:

1 Like

I did before hand abs the priory was ok to fly, it’s the kayakers fault really :joy:

I’m genuinely curious if it would cause this, my guess is more likely that my drone will just spin out of control on collision and crash and the cables would be unscathed

1 Like

…I’m genuinely curious if it would cause this,"…

I had a glider hang up on a power line…nothing happened…I rather expect the UAV would hang there for evermore if you were unlucky.

1 Like

That was my thought, doubt I’d be ballsy enough to call Southern Electric to ask them to retrieve :sweat_smile: