Top down view of people walking in a park

Here’s a short video of a top down view of people walking in a London park just after mid-day on a warm and sunny day.

3 Likes

I think this is quite intrusive flying that is likely to give drone flying a bad name. You are specifically filming people, rather than the park generally and people have a right to privacy.

Not in public they don’t

2 Likes

I think even in a public place, people should have the right not to be filmed at quite close quarters unless there’s a good reason to be filming them. Flying your local park and including random shots of people would be fine, but to fly with the purpose of videoing people crosses a line for me. If it had been kids hovered over, it would have been downright creepy and would no doubt have stirred up more anti-drone hostility. Responsibility is the partner of rights.

1 Like

In the most watched country in the world its very difficult.

Surely there are more interesting subjects to film rather than random peeps walking past.

How do we know they not involved ?

Random or not, involved or not, still not very interesting.

Its a strange one, certainly. Filming people walk past could be invading their privacy.

Out of interest have you got your CAA Flyers + Ops license?

Would it make a difference ? And if we are talking ‘Flyer ID’ then it’s not required for sub 250g

1 Like

But it wasn’t.

It could, but this wasn’t.

1 Like

Crisps and nuts ;o)

1 Like

Strange way to do facial recognition by the looks of it…:man_shrugging:

It may not make a difference, but it may give the flyer a understanding of what we can and can not do?

But what is it in this video that isn’t permitted under the regulations?

I’m not saying there is?

Clearly a new pilot who is getting into the novelty of their drone.

Ultimately this kind of footage, one would assume, will eventually get a bit long in the tooth and boring and they will attempt some more interesting subjects, but London isn’t an easy place to fly a drone in the first place.

Maybe instead we can be helpful and give them some tips:

Fair enough. It seemed like a bit of a pointed question to ask in the context, but I know that words can easily be taken the wrong way online. If your taking a straw poll, I do have them.

Lots of tips here…

1 Like