Torbay/Brixham Sea/Coast Drone opporunity

Hi there, I am not a Drone owner or user, but I have recently acquired a motorboat based in Brixham, and I am looking for reasons to take it out. And I love the footage that Drones can take. So I am hoping that there are a few local Drone pilots that would like an opportunity to see the Torbay Coast from the sea, and use their Drones (in a safe/appropriate manner) to take unusual footage. There is no contribution required for fuel… however pilots must be able to give me a hand with the lines when mooring up. And no sea-sick people really !! The boat has plenty of 12v power on board (car socket) so you can charge your batteries as needed. Looking for short day trips in and around the area. Older children welcome (but MUST be accompanied by the parent etc). I am CRB cleared but children are not my responsibility. LifeJackets will be worn (provided).

If people are interested, let me know by direct message and we can swap contact details. This is all weather dependent, obviously. But at the moment, it looks calm enough to go out 20th / 21st / 22nd Dec.

4 Likes

What a fab offer…

Fancy bringing your boat down to South Wales :rofl: :rofl:

Sadly away in December - but I am often in the area and would be a great idea perhaps in the new year.

I have a friend in Portishead marina who did the Southampton to Portishead run earlier this year. Its a long long way by sea, so maybe in a few years time when I have explored all around here… ! But nice try… never hurts to ask !

Hi DroneGeek… yep no problem, I have to take the boat out of the water for maintenance in mid Jan until March, but by then the weather should be better as well. I will be around first weekend of January if that’s any help to you. Cheers.