Total noob from New Forest

Good morning everyone, hope your all keeping safe during these crazy times. My name is Mark and I’m an ancient (in my fifties) beginner. Started with a DJI Spark and 3 days ago had my Mavic mini delivered. I’m an old school Emt and a medic for a local lifeboat. I’m looking forward to sharing my drone journey and seeing all your posts/pics and videos.
Take care and happy flying.

Mark

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum, I started with a spark and now a mavic zoom. Oh also late 50s.

1 Like

Welcome to the group Mark :+1:

1 Like

Welcome fella!

1 Like

Hi, and welcome form the other side of the forest. I’m in Southbourne just over the river from Christchurch.
Which RNLI station are with?

1 Like

Hi. I’m with a private outfit. Solent Rescue based at Lepe.

2 Likes

Love Lepe, we visit the new forest every year, stay in Brockenhurst and always have a day at Lepe beech during our stay!
Very beautiful part of the world!
How do ya go with flying drones down there with the rules of flying in the new forest?

1 Like

Lepe, that’s a great beach! We went past the turn for Lepe this afternoon on our way to Exbury Gardens for my wife’s birthday.
I have a friend in Ryde, and we were joking that we could meet up VLOS at Hurst Spit. 1 Mavic Pro either side of the solent! That was until I landed mine in the sea last week :grimacing:.

Looking at what replacements are available in budget at the moment…

Enjoy your flying and keep practicing.

2 Likes

Hi. So the park itself is a no fly zone but we went a bit further down the beach towards Lymington until it becomes Crown property and flew from there.

Would love to see any of your footage if you have it?

1 Like

Welcome Mark, you will love it here

1 Like

Welcome Mark to the friendliest Drone forum in the UK !.
Ask away your questions, pull up a chair, pour a drink and get answers to those questions.

1 Like

Uploading: IMG_2066.MOV…

I’m pretty sure the only place you can fly in the New Forest is at the old airfield near Hatchet Pond where there is a club…?

1 Like

@Smee193 Not sure what happened to your video there mate but you’d be better off uploading videos to Vimeo or YouTube then just pasting a link to the video here :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’ve stood there and watched them fly the Planes but not seen drones. And they have signage saying only members are allowed to fly there.
I’d love to take my drone IF we get to go this year given the whole covid problem

1 Like

It’s a great location to fly - if I lived there I would join even though I’m not a club person.

1 Like

Your absolutely correct. It’s such a shame. You also have to be a member of the beaulieu flying club on order to use your drones there.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for that. I’ll give it a try. :+1:

2 Likes