Tourist crashes drone into Rome monument in latest mishap

The drone hysteria continues.

I especially like the phrase:

The man, who was a member of a Facebook page for drone fanatics

Next week: “Members of fanatical drone cult wear goggles to escape the horror of life-on-the-ground and indulge their fantasy of pretending to be racing pigeons”.

1 Like

The use of the photo of Benito Mussolini addressing crowds from the Palazzo Venezia, during the declaration of the Italian empire in May 1936

That photo is mislabelled. That’s clearly a photo of a drone-fan YouTuber addressing a crowd of “drone fanatics”. They just decolourised it to make it look old. If you zoom in really close, you can tell it’s a modern photo 'cos there’s a man in the crowd eating a Twix.

1 Like

Hmm……

“when he lost control of the device and sent it crashing into the roof

Clever to send something when you don’t have control of it.

2 Likes

Tourist crashes drone into Rome monument in latest mishap

Anyone know what the prior mishap was?

Read on , I think they clutch at straws later in the piece

NOW we know how this must have happened …

3 Likes

Ironically oblivious to how they’re playing into authoritarian rulemaking with reporting like this.

Anyway, people will be idiots with any technology that comes out. There are rules in place about drones. Enforce them when someone does something stupid like this. People will catch on eventually.

1 Like

Look at any road on any given day

I just have to look in the mirror.:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Noting this is in Rome - I’m 100% certain there is worse happening on the roads than in the air!

The only place I’ve ever been run over by a taxi that I had ordered.

2 Likes

:rofl: :laughing: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Mini 4 Pro spec, quickies to deal with leaning objects.

“Chav father of teenage girl flies un-registered Drone into daughter’s arms, removing both, then blaming the “bastard that did this to my innocent little girl” on FaceBook!”
A “Just Giving” site has been started to help the poor girl to text and post further images!

Nah, that happened like this:

1 Like