Travels with my Mavic - St Catherines Hill

On a cold and wintry afternoon, as the sun starts to set, what could be better than flying a drone over the ruins of a 14th Century chapel said to be a stopping point for Pilgrims on their way to Canterbury to visit the shrine of Thomas-a-Beckett. I went and did it so you don’t have to!! Have a coffee, slow down and take it in…

I now there are quite a few videos on this place, so here’s my take on it.

Just tried out some reasonably simple moves, I had to take off the sensors to fly through the windows, If you are new to flying then this is a great place to practice your manoeuvrability, its quite near a main road and parking is very limited. Its about 10 minutes walk from the town of Guildford if you would like to make the journey on foot.

Just across from the chapel there is a quite stunning view across the North downs so if you go then don’t miss it!!

Thanks
Butch

7 Likes

Very nice video, and smooth flying!

1 Like

Wow! That’s a nice cinematic clip! Look forward to seeing more and will definitely check this out when in Guildford

1 Like

This is a great location you should add it to the map

1 Like

It’s a lovely spot and it’s on the map!

Stunning video! Beautifully shot! Nice touch through the window. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Did you create the intro yourself?

2 Likes

It’s a great intro isn’t it! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind comments! Yes I created everything from scratch, I used some transitions and generators in Final Cut but the creativity is all mine!

2 Likes

Awesome, it’s all very well done! :ok_hand: might be tapping you up for an intro for my channel :wink:

1 Like

No worries, DM me if you need anything…

1 Like

That intro is superb! Perhaps a bit too long, in relation to the whole video … but some brilliant creativity! :+1:

Taken on board, its bit of a precursor to further videos with longer content, its quite a small site so not much else to do on that!

1 Like

Good for when you make your feature movie! LOL!

As it’s your first vid here with the intro, it’s OK. But when part 2, 3, 4 come along, the intro becomes deja vue.

Not that I can claim to be a master of editing … and certainly not creative … just calling it as I see it.

Still brilliant! (May have watched the intro 3 times. :wink: )

1 Like

Yes, well its an intro to some Youtube content that I am creating. You can skip the intro as I have included timecode in the description, but in the future there may well be a more personal intro which will work as an info title. Please feel free to subscribe and you’ll get notifications when new content drops.

Thanks
Butch

3 Likes

I look forward to the completed project.

Thanks, watch this space!

1 Like

Liked and subbed! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I liked and also subscribed

1 Like