Tripltek Tablet - Feedback from owners and general discussion

Got my Tripltek Pro a couple of weeks ago, ordered on the 2 day’ish UPS shipping option and it arrived in 2 days! Strangely I didn’t have to pay any import charges…
I’ve used mine with my M2P and Mini 2 on a recent trip to Cornwall using Tripltek’s adapters for both controllers, and its been rock solid so far. I normally use a CrystalSky with my M2P but the Tripltek Pro outperforms it purely by virtue of the fact that it uses the latest version of Go4 for the M2P, it also beats my CrystalSky with it’s up to date processors. I like the CrystalSky, it has some good features, but it is severely hamstrung by old internal hardware and is proper flaky at times.
I’ve stuck a sim card in the Tripltek so its always connected, signal permitting (it also turns it into an insanely large phone!).
The only downside for me is the screen resolution is a little low by current standards. Not an issue when flying but it is noticeable to me when using as a tablet.
I’m happy with it.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. Good info.

1 Like

Great feedback @Torsen - thanks for sharing :smiley:

1 Like

I have also taken the plunge and bought a Tripltek 8” Pro directly from Tripltek along with a simple adaptor to allow me to use it on the DJI Controller. Much cheaper than through Amazon UK and mercifully, no duty or VAT to pay. Ordered last Friday and delivered by UPS on Tuesday. (It would have been delivered on Monday had UPS not delivered it to Southampton rather than Edinburgh).
I have set it up in my house but have not had a chance to use it with my DJI Mini 2 yet - hopefully this weekend weather permitting. It is certainly a bit heavier than a phone or iPad, but I am sure the bright display and great battery life will overcome this minor inconvenience. I have replaced the short DJI-supplied USB C cable by a 12” cable, which fits comfortably and can still be stowed in the controller when not in use.
I have fitted a SIM card (the 200Mb freebie from Three) to make sure I have live maps and can install any last minute updates after I have left WiFi coverage. The tablet settings imply that it can take dual SIM cards, but it’s not obvious where this goes unless it can be fitted in the Micro SD card slot. I will monitor how much data it uses and may have to move to a paid service.
I am looking forward to trying it out for real very soon.
David

3 Likes

I see Tripltek pushed an update out today for the 8 Pro that stops the controller charging the tablet :+1:t2:

1 Like

Anyone had any experience with tripletek screen?

1 Like

Cheaper direct

2 Likes

I got one of these new from Cash Converters for £250, it seems great with DJI Fly, and fits really well with the smaller adapter I have for my controller, will take a 1TB micro SD and looks really rugged, maybe the Nits will be poor but with a hood it should be fine

1 Like

Not for me ;o(

Only ever use my phone for droning.

It was @ianinlondon asking, maybe his eyes are failing ;o)

1 Like

That’s easy when no one ever calls you… :wink:

3 Likes

Thats what Airplane mode (and voicemail) is for.

1 Like
1 Like

@Kellybob I’ll be able to tell you soon. I’ve ordered one to review… :slight_smile:

Just taken the plunge and ordered the 8" Pro, was hoping DJI brought out a new bigger screen controller, alas they stuck with the same sized screen and bumped up the price by £300, at least with the Tripltek 8 Pro it can be used for many other things
Have you seen the mount for the back, will find a link?

Can I ask, was that ordered on Amazon?

No direct it is over £100 cheaper

1 Like

Yes. Buy direct. Cheaper. :+1:t2:

1 Like