Trying to crash the tiny hawk freestyle into a tree

You’d need to upgrade the RX in the quad to a crossfire RX to use the Tango 2 Pro and that will take a little work and some soldering, unless you install the multi protocol module mod to the Tango 2 Pro though to make it work with the original RX in the quad. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Also sorry @tom.at.rye for hijacking your post lol

2 Likes

He’s still trying to get his quad down from that lonely tree with a stick :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip mate I’ll bear it in mind when I’m able to get one :+1:t2:

:rofl:

I deliberately chose a tree I could reach the top of! (don’t you hate trees? Natural predators of the drone…) Off out again today, another 8 1s lipos charged up…

1 Like

They do like trees. I know of what I speak.

A month or two ago I had the misfortune to encounter a tree with my THFS. It got stuck on the highest of branches of the highest tree and no amount of gimbal bashing would release it from the trees grip.

Now the embarrassing part.

I’m just a tad over 6ft3inch tall, 240lbs (sort of buff’ish, NOT FAT!!) in the altogether, and I look younger than I really am, apparently. However I cannot climb trees as my legs don’t do what they’re asked to do and often have a life of their own. So I had to delegate the task of quad retrieval to a 5ft3inch Octogenarian member of our club. I was sure I was going to have to tell his poor wife that her husband was not coming home and that she would have visiting rights to the tree he was now a permanent resident of each alternate Wednesday and Sunday.

I also received some less than courteous remarks from passers by whom saw me at the bottom of the tree shouting orders at a little old man, with his tender bits impaled on spikey branches, dangling precariously from the upper limbs.

What makes it worse is that our flying field is so high in elevation that trees aren’t exactly a predominant feature of the landscape.

Nidge.

There’s the basis for an updated nursery rhyme there is you’d had up send subsequently more and more improbable things up the tree to rescue the one that went before…

:musical_note: There was an old tree that swallowed a drone /little old man :bearded_person:/wife :woman_facepalming: /fire department :fire_engine:/air ambulance service :helicopter:/regiment of the fusiliers :gun: /trumpian space force :rocket: etc…

2 Likes