UAVHUB (formerly Icarus) taking A2 CofC Bookings

Would you book now or wait a little while longer?

I can’t see any point booking just yet.

A2 CofC is only of value for a class C2 drone (none are yet on the market), or a <2kg drone (e.g. Mavic series) during the transitional period from 1 July 2020 until 30 June 2022. So unless someone has a really pressing desire to fly in the A2 operating area (which includes flying in towns etc), it may be worth waiting until (a) it’s clearer what CE-marked drones will become available or (b) the CAA implements the EASA regs via an updated ANO.

Personally, I’d like to be sure that the CAA don’t add in any additional restrictions via the ANO, I don’t know how much scope they have to do that. It may be worth an email to the CAA drones team to confirm whether they will definitely be implementing the EASA regs as issued, i.e. to make sure the A2 CofC provides the value expected.

Having said all the above, I quite fancy being able to fly within 150m of towns from July, so I’ll definitely be considering this certification closer to summer time! I’d like to see some competition from providers as that should drive down cost.

Not just towns, And people don’t forget!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: A2 CofC courses