Unusual views of the DJI Mini 2

I wanted to film my DJI Mini 2 drone in a different way. hope you like these unique views of this amazing drone. I love how majestic it looks. I used a 3 Metre long carbon fibre selfie stick with an Insta 360 One X on the end and carefully did a few orbits up and around the drone while it was hovering at 4ft off the ground.
This allows you to see all around the drone while its flying by reframing the footage. Quite happy with the footage I managed to create using this filming method, its quite difficult to maintain a nice smooth fluid circle when your wielding a 3M pole. Interesting observation at [0:51]as I bring my camera directly underneath the drone you can see the Infrared ground detection sensor lighting up and it causing the drone to fly up out the way. On the second pass underneath it at [1:10]
it flashes but only briefly so not enough to trigger upwards flight. At [0:33] is a close up shot of the DJI Mini 2 while taking wide angle multi shot, you can see it moving the gimbal into different positions and then moving around to take the next photo.
At [1:07] is the DJI Mini 2 filmed hovering at 240 frames per second.
[1:16] is a view looking up at the drone filmed in tiny sky mode using a Insta 360 One X.
[1:26] is the view from the drone with the gimbal looking directly down taking off from ground to 399ft. [1:45] is a tiny planet view coming back down to land. Note : I temporarily removed my operator ID sticker from the top of my drone just for the part of the video where I was circling over the top of it while it was hovering, I then landed it and applied a newly printed sticker to the top ready for flight.

Thanks
Andy

25 Likes

That’s really clever … love the shots :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, yes wanted to capture some different views of it.

2 Likes

Well done the 360 is a great camera and I love what it can do both at work and play, both normal and underwater. Well done with you work

Just a comment on the value of the forum. I asked for some 360 footage and another member went out of his way to provide some so I could edit it and learn what I could do. This allowed me to be convinced buying a camera was the right thing to do. These small things show the value of being in a light minded group

5 Likes

I have to agree that this was something new and I really enjoyed your video. Well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Great video nicely done

2 Likes

Enjoyed your unusual footage of this amazing little drone. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Thankyou. Yes always helpful when people do that kind of thing.

2 Likes

Thanks, simple video I know but I quite like the views it gave me.

Thankyou

Thanks

Cool

1 Like

Extremely creative, well done!

1 Like

Thanks

cheers, yes something a bit different