Upgrade a Redmi note 5 to Redmi note 8 for Fly app?

No… still can’t find it…

I’m sure there is going to a thread here that can tell what to buy as a replacement… I seem to remember that you can’t just buy any USB C to USB C lead?

Found it…
all is working great with the latest Fly app version…

Thanks

Ps do either @clinkadink or @8LivesGone bother with the MiUI updates… this phone is asking to update to vs 13… does it matter.

Thanks for the advice

I normally do the miui updates when it offers and it hasn’t caused any issues with any apps so far and doesn’t seem to cause any speed reductions (actually, the updates often improve the phone speed and responsiveness).

I’m running 13.09 currently.

That’s quick!

I’ll let it update then.

In impressed with the speed of this thing!

I can’t seem to get the notification ding sound quiet though… even low it is too loud. I have vibrate only presently till i work that one out :roll_eyes:

If you go into Settings and then “Sound & Vibration”, you can change the notification sound to something less intrusive. If you don’t like any of the installed ones, you can use one of the free apps like “Zedge” to download new ones (and ringtones and wallpaper). :+1:

Thanks

I happened to notice when operating the volume buttons that the volume graphic slides out from the right and that there were three dots at the top. You have to be quick to touch them before it disappears again but it brings up three sliders… the middle one for notification volume.

Success!

1 Like

@clinkadink

Hi Chris I’ve just bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro as I cannot justify paying big bucks again, I was using S20 then that went pear shape lost all and atm using S10 but the usb charger point is loose and after installing all my apps and data and notes I don’t really want to go through all that again :scream:

I have lot’s of apps from different sources :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: did you manage to transfer everything and hold all info or you suggest starting again fresh.

I’m hoping a app I can one click transfer paid or not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, I connected both phones with a USB C cable and transferred all apps and data across using the stock Android transfer service - which you are offered when setting up any new Android phone.

You can also use the WiFi method, which does the same, but takes a lot longer.

You will still need to re-enter all your credentials to each app though to login to them. But if you use Chrome Password Manager (Google), it is a breeze.

FYI - I transferred 170 apps with no issue.

Thanks Chris.

Maybe you can advice me on storage as I never had to use SD card on phones in the past but the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro came with 128G so I bought 512G sdcard. Can the sdcard run most of the data as I don’t won’t to bog down main storage slowing the phone down.

The videos and pics be transferred to my computer so that save 150G of space, reason was my Google account got hacked so I don’t sync anything to Google since.

I have used SD cards before to store data (music, photos, videos) on the phone. I have also had some apps on there in the past, but they were slower opening compared to being installed directly on the phone.

128GB should be plenty if your intention is just use it for apps. I would then use the SD card for saving all your media to.

Getting parsing the package error on most apps as most are from other sources and not Google play store.

I think the problem is that Unknown sources not enabled unlike in the past it was a one click setting for all, now it’s for every app installed then gets the option to select.

What’s confusing me it’s already from Unknown source but if I have no tab to select how can I install it :flushed: