Urge to fly faster!

Congratulations. Make sure you order a small sd card for it. When I got mine I went into one of those phone case shops and asked if they had any 1-2gb cards. They found me an old one and gave it to me for free.

You will need an sd card to load lua scripts and sound files. (I recommend the amber sound pack)

1 Like

Still not replaced my quad but have just ordered one of these.

https://m.banggood.com/Skyzone-THEER-860mm-Wingspan-EPP-FPV-Flying-Wing-RC-Airplane-PNP-With-PDB-LED-Board-p-1213147.html?rmmds=search

1 Like

Definitely needs a ā€œLongest Link Ever Badgeā€! :stuck_out_tongue:

(It just got smaller than it was initially ā€¦ about 5 lines to start with! :open_mouth: )

2 Likes

Changed it before you posted :wink:

1 Like

Only just!

1 Like

Decided to get something a little more tame to get some FPV practice in.

Picked up a new TBS gemini hex copter on eBay. Looks decent and should be easier to fly.

Quadcopters had a good price on R-XSR receiver so fingers crossed might have it out at the weekend.

1 Like

The Gemini is no longer made or supported. Itā€™s also super fragile! Be careful because it will snap arms and you wonā€™t be able to get spares.

If you want a rtf thatā€™s pretty bullet proof then take a look for a tbs vendetta or oblivion or eMax hawk 5

On a side note I always wanted a Gemini

1 Like

Yeah I realise that mate. There is still stock of frames and crash kits around. Might order one.

Itā€™s just one of those if it breaks it breaks purchases. Dirt cheap compared to when it was released so thought Iā€™d have a go.

1 Like

Going for that Fleet Operator badge @callum? :thinking:

1 Like

Ordered a couple of crash kits and was about to order a frame.

Ended up ordering a couple of carbon fibre sheets and if I need a frame Iā€™ll just make one.

Going to build a 5" quad frame for all the spare parts I have lying around.

1 Like

4 Likes

Do we get to see it all in pieces later? :wink:

2 Likes

Only if I manage to find this one

That will be a no, then. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:rofl:

This one should be more on the tame side.

1 Like

Donā€™t think you will find itā€™s tame lmao

Dial your rates down in betaflight if you want to tame it.

If you decide to move it on drop me a pm :wink:

Maybe tame was the wrong word :rofl:

Itā€™s not going to have the raw power of my last quad so might be a little easier to fly better on.

Then again it weighs fuck all and has 6 props :thinking:

Ok so I got my controller, and Iā€™ve spent a couple of hours wobbling around velocidrone and flying into the groundā€¦then I saw this

Got new respect for the skills!

1 Like

Some people have just mastered quad aerodynamics!

2 Likes

RX received today. Couldnā€™t get it to bind to my QX7s. Messed around for ages then remembered Iā€™d flashed it to international firmware. :man_facepalming:

Will flash the receiver tomorrow. Time for a beer.

1 Like