USAF Drone-Ukraine

Northrop Grumman RQ-4B Global Hawk @ 50K+ feet patrolling SW of Sebastopol,Crimea. Out of Sicily (Sytacuse area) and has been also patrolling over the Donetsk region for some hours…

1 Like

Daily Facist report

I hope the pilots have got their A2 CofC and their flyer IDs attached!

4 Likes

VLOS goes out the window too, I’m sure some of these are controlled from Nevada somewhere by kids using Xbox type controllers

1 Like
1 Like

Staying well away from where the Russian troops are camped out too by the looks of it.

2 Likes

Ivano-Frankivsk airport has just been bombed (which I l flew in and out of), about 30 minutes from my wife’s village. Note that this is one of the most western cities in Ukraine. See yellow dot below.

Cars are now starting to pour into her village, desperately trying to escape the cities and into the countryside. My wife is here (UK), but is glued to the phone at the mo, speaking to her sister and family who are still there. They are now prepping and stocking up their basements.

5 Likes

or RAF Waddington…

Hope your wife’s family remain unscathed Chris :pray:

7 Likes

This puts a drone loss in a field in to perspective somewhat. Glad she’s safe with you and I also hope her family are safe too. This whole situation is not looking good.

3 Likes

Everybody keep a watch on China which has been wanting to take over Taiwan for years. Taiwan government officials believe China might make a move after the Olympics and China and Russia have a bilateral pact. If Taiwan is attacked the USA is legally obliged to come to their aid by Act of Congress. And you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to realise things could then get very nasty for everyone.

1 Like

Cant begin to imagine the emotions your wife is suffering Chris and of course yourself.
My thoughts are with you both and it goes without saying all of Ukraine.
Lets all hope and pray for a rapid and peaceful end to this madness.

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear that, Chris. I hope her family is safe, and that this can be de-escalated soon. Peace to you both.

It took 21 years for them to leave Czechoslovakia, and 10 for the bastards to leave Afghanistan after having their arses served up on a plate by the Mujahideen!

1 Like

Not sure if it is the right thread to link but Ukraine are calling on ppl with hobby drones to help.

2 Likes

Been watching these USAF drones over Black Sea. They appear to take off and land from the sea.
Two operate relieving each others duty after about 6 hrs or morepatroll around 50k/60k feet…Seems to me they are carrier borne. Anone know if a Predator has been modded for carrier landings (hook?) The position of t/o and Land is over water a about 30 miles east of Syracuse, Sicily.

1 Like

The Global Hawk I’ve seen patrolling the Northern Black Sea area is being flown from the Sigonella Naval Air Station on the island of Sicily.

Solved!–Thanks for that…Flight Radar showed its starting point at sea.and does not show show Sigonella.

1 Like