Video editor

I have the MacBook Air 13 " so not as fast as yours , But FCPX is what i know and runs fine on mine . I have the same ram and run the book on a 28" monitor . I mainly use 1080p so no issues really . I managed to get the latest copy of FCPX and now up and running … Happy days .

You’re running FCPX on a PC ?

Was that a shady latest copy? I have a legal old copy that was installed on a 2nd hand mac I bought, but can’t update it as it is linked to the original owners Apple ID… I’m on Catalina and would really like the Metal improvements!

On a mac.

Nooo… though it’s potentially possible with a Hackintosh. I used to run FCP10 (IIRC) back in 2005 when I did my media degree. Used to use a Mac Mini (original PPc variant) which was good enough to run it and a third of the cost of a MacBook and nearly as portable.

I was referring to my initial comment of try Davinci Resolve and I believe the op was saying it (aka DR) ran slow.

That is what has improved the speed for me, the Metal improvements.

Haha . I get it now . Easy to run windows on Mac but not easy to run Mac on windows . I have done it on a laptop some time ago and it was not bad to be honest .
Got the latest FCPX running now so happy days …

3 Likes